Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

You’ve been given a promotion. This usually happens automatically, after a user has shown enough activity (to prevent spam), but since you are a known entity… the rules can be bent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Firstly thank you for taking the time to answer.

I have a Kodak OS 7.2 with currently on 1 x UP5000 Pylontech battery connected. The battery just randomly shuts down. The current baseload on the Inverter is around 1.2 to 1.6 kW

1. This only happens when the Inverter is in Bypass Mode.
  2. Normally at night.
  3. I was lucky to be in the garage when it happened once. It flashed “60” on the inverter display seconds before the battery shutdown.

The Inverter feeds a section of my DB with its dedicated EL.

I purchased the Inverter from One vendor and the Batts from another. It was not the best choice.

What was suggested by the Battery Vendor was to upgrade Kodak Inverter to the latest Firmware, which I did.
Problem persisted. The Battery vendor then suggested a Firmware upgrade of the Batt Itself. That is when I found the invaluable forum and its great people.

Although I am a qualified Electrician and work as a control and Instrumentation Engineer. This is my very 1 st inverter Install. Used to working with PLC’s etc., and doing Firmware upgrade on the processors.

Hence my question regarding the “Clear EEPROM” (Yes or No)

You must have a great day further, and I appreciate your time with my query.

My initial query was Firmware relates, so apologies for changing the thread’s subject.

Kind Regards
Jason

No. I never do…

2 Likes

Clearing the EEPROM is usually unnecessary when you overwrite it anyway.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I hope it solves this issue.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please advise?

This looks like a great community, and I am looking forward to engaging in the future.

Kind Regards
Jason

Hi Jason,

I have the same setup as you do and I am experiencing the exact same battery issue.
Did you manage to resolve your problem?
I am also trying to use “BatteryView” over RS485 to get some sort of diagnostic information, but coms from the software to battery seems to be failing. Is it possible over 485 or do we have to use 232?

Hope you can help me

@Pierrejza has send me this document. It explains the update process a bit better.

Instructions.pdf (1.0 MB)

Thanks Pierre

Dear JacoDeJongh,
gread job…to cumulate all firmware files.
Please, I have US2000 plus batteries, which firmware is suitable for me?
Thank you a lot

Rasto

LV-HUB
have somebody experience with firmware upgrade on Pylontech LV-HUB?

Would any one have 2.6 for the US3000C? Thanks

What is the latest firmware version for Pylontech UP5000? I currently have version 2.3.

Hello,
i had a problem with my 5 x US2000 and my Master US2000C. My US2000C stopt and show me
a red light, then when I restarted, the problem was solved. My Version on my US2000C was 1.7,
I upgraded to 2.4 and the problem was gone. I also wrote to pylontech support with my serial
numbers and my origin software versions. So I get new firmware from pylontech for my US2000 and
my US2000C.
The new Version for the US2000 is 3.4 and for the US2000C is 2.7. I am a new User from Germany
and I can´t upload files.

1 Like

Welcome Stefan. Try it now you should have access.

I do love that you are thinking of us… :slight_smile:

Sorry, i get a error message when i want upload the files.

The files, my mistake, bin is not possible.
us2000b_plus_v3-4_US2000C_2_7.zip (425.3 KB)

Hi this Jeff from Pylontech. Please do not use this firmware anymore. The firmware V2.7 in this bin file is not a formal released one. This firmware may cause your battery in stuck and cannot be switched on anymore because this is a special edition that is not designed for all the US-C batteries.

Normally we do not suggest you to do any firmware upgrade without the advise from Pylontech. If you want to make the firmware upgarde, please contact Pylontech first! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello,
so why the pylontech support send me the file when it brokes my good US2000C.
What ist the latest Version for my US2000C I can take without problems ?.
And the next question ist, what is the Version 3_4 for my US2000 ist this the
last correct version for my US2000 ?.

Hi, I think there should be a mistake as the v2.7 should be kept in our distributor’s lab for ONLY test purpose. I don’t know who send this to you but this shouldn’t happen. But V2.6 is a formal version.

And V3.4 is the latest for US2000, please don’t worry about this.

1 Like

So can you send me the 2.6 for the US2000C, i would upgrade from 2.7 to 2.6.
All the files I get from official Pylontech Support, I send them the serial numbers.