Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

Hi everyone,

Below are the latest firmware according to my supplier.

I think Jaco above mentioned. us_c_v.7_Crc to be used for US2000c and US3000c. However my supplier told me that the v2.7 is not formally been release to public yet. So I don’t know if it works or not. My supplier updated my US2000c’s with V2.6 as below attached.
us_c_v2.6_Crc.bin (224 KB)

For US2000b plus the below is apparently the updated version. I think Jaco also provided that in the previous chat.
us2000B_Plus_V3.4_Crc.bin (201 KB)

And finally here is the firmware latest version for US3000a batteries.
us3000a_V3.4_Crc.bin (214 KB)

I was also given the latest battery view software:
BatteryView_us2000b_series_3.0.28
Unfortunately I cannot share it on this page but If anyone is interested let me know and I will put it on Dropbox or somewhere for you to pick up.

I hope this help and if I have duplicated anything I apologies.

I also would like to share my experience regarding the firmware upgrade on my 3 new US2000c’s

I just replaced my US2000b Plus batteries with US2000c as 1 of the b+ batteries had a bad cell and the other one’s SOC will not go higher than 69%. I also decided to purchase another one so I can have 4 in my stack. There were no issues from Pylontech to replace them however the b and b+ batteries have been discontinued. Hence they replaced it with US2000c…(I think they have been discontinued for a while now.)

I brought my first US2000c home and before I installed it thought I would update the firmware first. The update stopped at 80% and the battery was dead. I could not start it up again . There was no voltage on the terminals. DEAD!!!
I took it back to the supplier asked them to check it out. After a long struggle the technician could also not get it started either. He tried everything to get it started again with no luck. He ended up changing the BMS board as per instructions from Pylontech. He replaced the board with a US3000c board. There after it worked fine and he could upgrade to the latest Firmware.

Now I thought this might just be a isolated instance but it was not, I replaced the other one this morning and purchased another one. While I was there I asked the technician to also update the firmware on the 2 new ones as well. However both of them gave exactly the same issue what I picked up. Luckily this time it happened to him and not me… He ended up changing those 2 BMS boards as well.

Personally I think there might be a problem with the BMS boards on the US2000c range that I received.
The batteries also did not have the same serial numbers as the old ones. The US2000b plus batteries started with PPTBH… but the new ones I received started with H21C… Not sure if this has any relevance but 3 brand new batteries gave exactly the same issue.

Just though I would share this info with you.
I would suggest when you do buy new US2000c batteries to let your supplier update the firmware for you. Just my suggestion :slight_smile:

Somewhat on the tail-end here, but I also advise leaving firmware alone unless 1) there is a problem you need to fix, or 2) more often the case among people here, you are updating because you’re looking for the Victron diagnostic information (CAN-bus frames 0x372 to 0x377). If you already have those, just leave it alone… :slight_smile:

Thanx Plonkster…I agree…I think I will swop the 2 around as the post is actually more related to the actual firmware software.
Just quickly on your comment. I also believe don’t touch if not broken. I have updated my firmware before and it is relative simple…but this baffled me and I think this is a hardware issues that needs to be looked at.
Thanx for the feedback.

Done: :slight_smile:

Ive received today 2x new Pylontech US3000C batteries.

I checked and it was old v1.9 firmware on it, so i update to v2.2-(which i have done sucesfully on my older US3000C batteries before). I must update because i have US3000B also in my stack.

But today no success it stopped at 83% and lost communication with battery.

Now the battery is dead and i cannot try update again, what must i do now?

Any one this happend before with?

Damit!!! I wish i saw you post before it happend to me!!

Hi PhilipMarx,
SEGEN Solar (My Supplier) has raised this concern with Pylontech as it happened to 3 of my batteries as explained above. Not sure who your supplier is but SEGEN sorted mine out while I waited there…They were really helpful. The Technicians did a low voltage charged and got it to 100@ again but as soon as they connected it to an Inverter it did exactly the same - would not go past 80%. That is when they changed the 1 battery’s boards for me.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, i was doubting myself today when this happend. Ive spoken to my supplier and they said something about a range with faulty bms boards. Im returning it to them and thanks for the advice ill also rather let supplier do the updates from now on.
Regards

1 Like

If you have updated a US3000C battery to 2.7, without any problem, is it best or possible to go back to 2.6?

Hi everyone!

We are very happy to announce that the new Pylontech US-C series batteries(US2000C/US3000C/UP5000) have made an evolution! To adapt to the new US-C batteries, we released the new BatteryView(3.0.28) software and new firmware upgrade method.

Now all firmware are compressed into a compressed package, the system will automatically select the most suitable firmware to upgrade your battery. At the same time, we have also made HUGE compatibility with the new upgrade method. The new BatteryView and firmware zip packs can also be used to upgrade older US-C series batteries.

The upgrade process is the same as before, the only difference is: Now you just need to “Browse” the firmware zip instead bin file before!

The download link of BatteryView 3.0.28 and new firmware zip can be referred by: New BatteryView(3.0.28) – Google Drive

Attention that please do not load the old firmware(.bin file) to the new batteries. Otherwise the battery BMS board will be clear the firmware and cannot be waken up.

Not necessary, please see my new reply in this post. You can re-upgrade it with the .zip package as instructed in the SOP.

1 Like

Thanks. I am a little confused.

Post 54 has a zip file with 2.7 (us_c_v2.7_Crc.bin) in it and in post 56 you say not to use this file as it is not a formal release one.

In post 69 you link to google drive and this has a zip file with us_c_v2.7_Crc.bin

Comparing both the files they are identical.

So is 2.7 OK and it is actually just the method of updating the firmware that is the problem? (i.e. this has to be updated by zip with 3.0.28 for some newer batteries with the serial numbers mentioned in the PDF file)

Same here, downgraded my pylontech US2000C to Version 2.6, because the 2.7 is
distributor’s lab for ONLY test purpose. So what is with the 2.7 ?.

I think it’s the method of update not the actual update itself that is the problem but I hope Pylontech-Jeff will confirm.

Hi guys,

brand new US2000C bricked with us_c_v2.7_Crc.bin , don’t wake up…it was stuck at 83% :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Don’t use this, it will not turn on after sruck at 83%.
There’s something wich can bring up?

Thank.you guys,

What is the 8th and 9th digit in your serial number and did you use Battery view 3.0.28 ?
Using Zip file or .bin file?

Hi,

Have using 3.0.28, and bin file extracted from zip.
I’m not at iffice to tell you digit tomorrow i will have…

No matter which serial number, just use the .zip file is fine.

1 Like

They are different. V2.7 in post 54 is not completely done but the v2.7 in my zip package is a formal version.

Anyway, please just use the .zip file. The BatteryView will distinguish and select the most suitable firmware automatically.

Thank you Jeff.

Has anyone tried what Jeff has suggested for V2.7?