Just have a think, ICE cars EVs and power generation

Here is a prime example of what I’m talking about: EVSE - custom for solar - #39 by JacoDeJongh

Legal and on the road in SA.

Been watching this now for years, more overseas, the first time I came across the “kits” was like 6-8 years ago in Canada. You buy a conversion “kit”, all the parts included per model of vehicle, just add batteries. At that time, Trojan batteries were too heavy. Now, 280ah Lifepo4 cells.

Also lots of YouTube vids of people driving converted ICE vehicles, one was a BMW, extended distances to show it can be done.

Because of that thread, I posted above, I spoke to a local company late last year ito of making my Isuzu diesel/electric. Front wheels with hub motors for short-distance in the city, diesel for longer distances, 100% biodiesel the ideal scenario, to drive AND charge the battery.

It is an engineering dare/challenge, not impossible at all, and the costs will come down if more people, do it, as the import duties are silly…

Currently it is HOBBY level, if I win the lottery, I will sure as damn attempt to build my diesel/electric. :wink: