Victron Multiplus II slow switchover

I assume something like the “Other” grid code - which is not NRS097 compliant - will not have all the fancy grid code stuff for how long to wait to reconnect etc.? The South African code looks like this:

The following would not be NRS097 compliant, but probably still be safe I guess. Just poking around at what could be configure theoretically.

2 Likes

@plonkster - is the UPS “function” completely incompatible with the grid code? I am just wondering why it is not possible to select that.

All I know is that if there is a grid code selected, then it follows a “code path” that doesn’t take into account what the UPS function tickbox was. The tickbox is also hidden in VE.Configure the moment you select a grid code. So yes, you could say it is “incompatible”.

Ok thanks @plonkster. I just remember from my pre-solar days, where my MPII was just used as an UPS (i.e. no grid code and UPS selected) switchover was absolutely seamless without stuff blinking and restarting on changeover during load shedding.

It is a shame, really, because I know the hardware can do it but the grid code appears to be quite focussed on preventing “nuisance tripping”. It is almost as if it was written for generators, and not inverters…

Now we have to install more UPSes on sensitive equipment even althought the MPII can actually switch over seamlessly…