Victron EV Charging Station

If I wanted a EV in that price range, the XC40 Recharge P8 makes more sense.
All electric and sporting a 400KM range.

1 Like

@plonkster ok, got a price, was R200k to replace the batteries.

1 Like

Then the maximum price I would pay for that Nissan Leaf is R150k, VAT and auction fees inc.

Presumably the old batteries aren’t worthless? Might be able to make some recovery by selling/repurposing them?

1 Like

True, but it is still a ten year old car that was less than half a million when it was new. If I’m buying a car that old, there has to be some monetary advantage to that… such as getting the old cells for free. I resolutely refuse to spend 400k on a small car from a decade ago… sorry :slight_smile:

Of course, if you’re the guy who bid 215k on that car, it is still possible to make the numbers work. And sometimes you end up in such a place, like with my wife’s car. We’re about 185k deep into a 140k car. Why? Because we should never have bought it, but once we did, it was cheaper to do that and make it work…

You can re use them yes. Like this guy.

1 Like

Now that is some battery pictures that might have to be age restricted. Absolutely beautiful.

Each stack is 50 Modules and a Nissan leaf is using 48 modules, so its 7 Nissan Leaf batteries

I think the chances of being allowed to keep your old battery in SA will be super slim, chances are good that they work on quite a stringent rebate system and if not, it will be T&C’s this and safety that.

1 Like

Jono is back with a run through :grinning:. Some nice features but still very pricey…

1 Like