Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

Good news, thank you. Which Version of Battery View did work for you? Maybe you can provide a link?
Pylontech’s support has so far been unsatisfactory. They responded very quickly and referred to the dealer, the dealer referred to Pylontech again. Since then, Pylontech has not responded.

1 Like

Try THIS Link… if its not working PM me your email address and I will mail the file to you.

Hello all,
i would need to upgrade an SC0500 high voltage BMS pylontech, through RS485 port. Is it possible to make it? i guess using the Battery view…

Thanks, unfortunately it didn’t work. No response on the Console-Port. And unfortunately no response from Pylontech to my emails either. I bought Pylontech because of the many good ratings and reports, unfortunately now there is no advantage over a cheap DIY solution. Or even worse, at DIY I could very easily buy a new BMS.

I would like to try. I have send you an PM…

1 Like

My broken US2000 works again. Thank you @JacoDeJongh and @Pylontech-Jeff. The crucial tip came from Jaco and he forwarded me to Jeff. With a special upgrade tool, the Pylontechs can be flashed again, even if they don’t seem to react on the consolenport. Lesson for me: Don’t use any binaries from the forum, but the ones from Pylontech that are really suitable for my hardware revision.

3 Likes

This is strange. I only use the bin files I have posted above and never bricked a battery. The first time I used the file from Jeff (the one that automatically choose the firmware) , I bricked my first unit.

The secret with the binary files above is to chose the correct one for your battery. If you choose the wrong one, you will brick the battery…

1 Like

But it seems, it is only soft-bricked. That means, it stops working, but you can still recover it. Hard-bricking is the one where it cannot be recovered.

It is pretty common for electronics with an MCU to employ the “bootloader” method. The first bit of code on the chip is in charge of 1) accepting new firmware updates and writing it to the “main” application address on the chip, 2) on every bootup, check if there is a new incoming firmware, if not 3) check the checksum of the main firmware and if it matches, jump to it (aka launch the application), and if not 4) stay in bootloader mode so new firmware can be sent.

The MPPTs and the Multis all do this. Even fitness watches do it. So in all cases, people should try that first. Even if there are no lights blinking, that is normal. The main application is not running, so it will appear to be dead.

The trick here appears to be not to reflash it with the same firmware repeatedly.

On the Us3000 yes, but I could not help @JaeDi recover his US2000 units…

Seems he had to use a different tool and method than the one I used to recover the US 3000

2 Likes

There are different hardware revisions, especially with the C version it seems to have become even more difficult, due to the shortage of chips. Only Pylontech knows for sure the correct firmware for a specific revision.

Hi, I’m new to this site.

I’m looking for the UP2500 Firmware upgrades.(Or the same version I Currently I have. Will get the version numbers as soon as BatteryView has exctracted a detailed history report.)
Where can I download it?

DATA: (Got the data)
Device address : 20
Manufacturer : PYLON
Device name : UP2500
Board version : PHANTOMSAV10R04
Main Soft version : B66.28
Soft version : V1.1
Boot version : V2.0
Comm version : V2.0
Release Date : 21-07-13

Regards

Dave

Is it possible to update other batteries in stack with console cable plugged to first battery in stack (if so how?) or is it necessary to plug the cable into each one individually?

I think it’s better to do them offline and disconnected from each other, one by one. It’s safer that way.
I think also disconnected from the inverter as well.

I learned a couple of lessons over the years when updating firmware from various IT devices.
(Once bitten, twice shy or something like that. :wink: )

Yeah, its just that I already made a cable for the UP5000 and don’t feel like making a second one for the US3000, so was hoping to avoid that. If they were the same cable I’d definitely just do them individually and call it a day.

Continuing the discussion from Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery):

Hello Sir (Pylontech-Jeff),

i would like to get in touch with you by mail.
i have 3x US3000C with SN “E2”. One of them brings “int. Error”.
i updated the firmware yesterday from V1.3 to V1.4 (one of 3 had V1.2) because someone in a germany forum said it would fix the problem. everything seemed fine until this morning after my wife used our oven.

Please be so kind and write me a mail (weber.danielfreenet.de).

greetings
Daniel

1 Like

I also want to get in touch with Pylontech-Jeff. I am sitting with a big problem and need to be sorted.

I will really appreciate it if you contact me as well.

^^^ guys…

Yep, I know that one. Already submitted a report to them. No response\reply. I want to contact Jeff directly.
:wink:

1 Like

Hello guys.
I have 2 x US3000C , 1 x US2000C and 1 x US2000B
Now everything works FINE as it is but my inverter will ONLY talk with the US2000B on BMS.
But , as US2000B is older than all the others , it can’t be master , tested and won’t work.

So the only reason for upgrade for me is to try and upgrade the US2000B and see if I can make it master.
Had anyone tested / tried to have the US2000B as master in mixed config ?

The 2000C and 3000C need a Type A cable while I think the 2000B needs a type B cable for the BMS.

They have different wiring layouts. Can you check this?