Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

Hi Can you check again as I have checked the 2 different versions with software and they are exactly the same.

Has anyone gotten this error when connecting Batteryview to Pylontechs?

I’ve tried all the batteries in the stack as well as one at a time with the comms cable unplugged - same result. Its not a cable issue, the cable works perfectly to extract data with different software.

Batterview will show the serial number of the battery but not the cell voltages, so its only partially functional.

Yes. It has something to do with your date format (22-03-14), if I recall correctly. Set the computer to a country that formats it correctly. That is if I recall this correctly and am not completely off the reservation…

That sorted it, thank you.

I can only imagine the interesting results you get on American computers with the day and month swapped.

It also reminds me of fixing a similar bug in a telemetry system about a decade ago. The software had a check for “impossibly old” data, which was defined as more than 10 years ago. It would reject such data. The way it calculated the date ten years ago, was to split the date into components, subtract 10 from the year component, and then assembling it into a new date.

This broke on the 29th of February 2012… when the software inexplicably started to complain about an invalid date :slight_smile:

Dates have always been an issue for computers (and programmers :slight_smile: )
Computers like counting. And date formats is just … well… not counting at all.

The funnest puzzle I had was in software that read data samples from an Excel spread sheet, and with this one spreadsheet all the time values were out by exactly 4 years and 1 day.

It turns out that Excel spreadsheets store time as a floating point number counting the days (and fraction thereof) since 1 January 1900. Except, for some reason lost in history, the Macintosh version which uses 1 January 1904. The failing spreadsheet was from a Macintosh, so the 4 years was now explained. But where does that one day come from?

Again, it turns out the original version of Excel had a bug. It incorrectly considered 1900 as a leap year, thereby incorrectly adding an additional day.

1 Like

It is counting, you just have many different “root” numbers at play at the same time.

First you count from 1 to 59, then you get 1 minute and count to 59 again…
Then after you count to 59 minutes, and 59 seconds, you get 1 hour and start again…
Then after you get to 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds, you get 1 day, and start again…
Then you count to 28, 29, 30 or 31 before you get a new months…
Then you count to 12 before you get a new year.

At least at the “digit” of “year” we are in base 10, after passing through bases 60, 60, 24, 28/29/30/31, and 12… :sweat_smile:

(Technical split seconds also come in, etc. but you get the point)

Base 12 is arguably something that would work better in general than base 10. More things we do would count into it in whole numbers, like minutes, hours, months.

The problem we have is that we count to 9, and then add a digit to get to 10, 11 and 12 (if we want to count months) and then start again at 1. It is confusing.

Also, just learn to count in binary on your fingers. You can get to 1023 different symbols instead of just 10. Much more efficient. But as we’ve said before, 4 can be an awkward symbol to present in the presence of others.

3 Likes

/me hints and gestures furiously in the direction of a leap second…

Thank you Jeff!!!

Hi to all,

I have used for upgrade my US2000B + the files provided by Jeff :pray:t2: together with Battery View 3.0.28 and bin file US2000B_Plus_v3.4. and for 2000C provided archive, everything is fine, all 18 pcs updated. but still not able to see trough us2000c 15 pcs of us2000b Plus. Also, connected separately after update to lv hub as following:

group 1
8 pcs x us2000b plus with 0100 dip configuration, conected to port 1 of LV Hub from rs485 port from battery
group 2
8 pcs x us2000b plus with 0010 dip configuration conected to port 2 of LV Hub from Rs485 port from battery

grpup 3
2 pcs x us2000c with 0110 dip configuration conected to port 3 of LV Hub from Rs485 port from baterry

LV Hub keep blink red…no green for association.

I’m feling drained, and not know what to do else to make it work.

It’s necessarily to make firmware upgrade to hub also?

Pls any help is appreciated :pray:t2:

Dear Jeff,
i have killed my new US3000C BMS Board with wrong Firmware File.
Have a new Battery with E2 Serial Number.
Is there any way to fix that ? Like with external Flasher via J304-10Pin Header ?
Or reflash with BatteryView 3.0.28 ?
Hope you can help me with a solution that i did´t have sent Battery to Distributor.
Thx in advanced.
Regards
Ben

@Pylontech-Jeff

As happened to Ben77, I broke a US2000C, but it is not possible and absurd that there is no system to reload the FW … a FW cannot block a device !!! What should we do now? Has anyone contacted pylontech about it ?? they cannot put a system that, as Ben77 said, is able to reinsert the boot or to re-program the old FW. You can’t throw away a battery just because you wanted to upgrade it !!!

2 Likes

Welcome Max. Quick question. Why did you try to upgrade the firmware?

I have both U2000,s and U3000’s in my stack, going on two years.
My personal philosophy is “if it is not broken …do NOT fix it” :neutral_face:

Yes, I tried to make it compatible with the other batteries installed … You’re right, you shouldn’t touch them !!

1 Like

exactly, must be an way to re-write firmware.

I’m guessing that the bootloader got corrupted/overwritten. Typically, you encrypt your binaries for distribution and the bootloader does the decrypting when deploying. That does mean that if somebody gets hold of your bootloader, they can copy your device. For that reason you probably will have to take the battery in.
At least in this case you did the upgrade voluntarily, unlike many owners of a bricked AEG microwave, where the update was automatic…

2 Likes

vulcanescu35

When you start using the USx000C using the hub changes.
How to divide batteries with purpose of capacity enlarging?pdf.pdf (260.6 KB)

Hi

I have the same problem. How did you solve the issue, exactly. I’m a dummy when it comes to these things so the long way home will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

sorry for my terrible english :wink: I am from Germany

I search Firmware for a Pylontech BMS SC0500.

My inverter only charges and discharges my batteries with 12.5A instead of 25A. the inverter can max. 25A. I think the BMS is the Problem

The instructions for the inverter say that I need the firmware ≥ V4.6

1 Like