This refers to a Grid-tied hybrid non-feed-in PV (also known as an EG with no export option, with reverse power flow blocking)
- Complete CoCT application. Most important is system size. Ideally, the installer should fill the form out.
- After approval, install and get CoC. (You have 3 months to do this)
- Have system commissioned by the installer’s Pr. Eng/Tech.
- Send the completed form with Appendix 1, and all supporting docs back to CoCT.
- Replacement prepaid meter to then be installed by CoCT (Free and prepaid credits are transferred over)
- Wait for the final approval letter.
Documents that need to be completed:
CoCT Application for Embedded generation.
Single Line Diagram
New PV standard” SANS10142-1-2(2021) should be coming into effect sometime in the future. In addition, this will require:
- More labelling
- External disconnector
- Single line diagrams on display
- Installer shall hand over a Planned Maintenance and Operations manual
- Test Sheet in 10142-1-2 shall form part of the CoC
- Metal conduits for DC cables longer than 5m