Eskom voltage range

Right, so maybe a value between 600 and 900 seconds becomes even better. But that is way beyond what NRS097 allows if I recall.

Was NRS097 written way back with LS Level 6 in mind? Was it ever considered how bad things did get?

Don’t think so.

Yes, hence I hope my Tripconnect will be installed tomorrow. My preferred sparky is beyond busy for months now.

I want 5 minutes min plus the Victron 60+ seconds.
We have a constant 242v here, so I want to cut Eskom feed off at 246v max and 220v min, let the inverter take over for the waiting period.

EDIT: I am fully aware that stuff will go off if the parms are too narrow BUT rather I cause the “LS”, than Eskom damaging more stuff. My one freezer is taking serious strain AND it is on Cirtical Loads. May times when LS starts I can hear the motor rattle.

Somewhat related, hence jumping on this thread
Had LS end, followed by inverter trip

Very low grid voltage:

This error:

Are those likely related?

Or do I have to go hunting for more earthing faults?

Edit: sorry, I see now this is probably the wrong subforum for this post.

The voltage looks ok…

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes

Error 11 is there, with steps to test.

Also found this …
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/2709/multiplus-ii-and-vebus-error-11.html

And this … mine was weird, 8 am AFTER LS started … my suspicion on the end was the panels and their wiring.

But lots of ideas to try there.

Step 6 means: AC1RMS > 100V while only K1 closed.

To understand the relay notation, it is laid out like this:

Live ---------- K1 -------+------------- K2 ------------> Inverter/AC-out
                          |
                          V
                    Measure here
                          ^
                          |
Neutral ------- K3 -------+------------- K4 ------------> 

K1 is closed and everything else is open. That means there should be no voltage at the measurement point, yet there is more than 100V. K3 is probably faulty. Or as in TTT’s case, some sort of radio noise causes a ghost voltage reading.

Ghost … yes, I concur with that. I did measure in the end, accidentally, a “radio noise” voltage on 1 set of spare wires in the combiner box … not forgetting the teeny doubt floating around in the back of my mind around the earthing of said arrays at that time.