Eskom ... is there ANY chance? In CPT there is

Absolutely not … never even crossed my mind.

We are not being given the full picture, Eskom flipping between stages, further exacerbated by CoCT’s efforts.

Stick to a schedule is what I’m proposing, and spread the loads over 12/18 hours, not just 8-5.

And call it the right level …

Trying to work out when this discussion will end :wink:

I don’t think it is possible. @mariusm even explained it earlier. A lot has to do with estimates and expectations. And once a power station returns to service, the obvious thing to do is to lower the load shedding stage and sell the energy. The losses are higher when you’re not selling.

What may be more possible is to increase stage length (ie to 6 hours) and stagger areas.
So morning this week and evening next week. You can ten plan for the worst and hope to get better (5,4,3, etc) I could then run my 8 hour shift pattern. 5:00 to 13:00 or 13:00 to 21:00.

But isn’t that what we’ve got now? :slight_smile:

This was worked out during 2008. Nobody there that was involved in setting up that scheduling program is around there anymore. Nobody are going to bother to change anything as to their estimation, the scheduling has the desired result, it works, for them.

Ja ek weet dis poo, maar hier sit ons nou Groetnis

1 Like

Partly but I want to run a business for a 3-4 day period with the same schedule…

We’ve been having it.

Using stage 4 as example. 4 Days the same…

There I thought you said …

:rofl:

Happy that people are now talking about this … for as Sarel said …

Your in the WC meneer!!!

Yes, but so is TTT… whom I’m trying to understand :slight_smile:

There’s always room for one more.

In fact, something I noticed before, that I noticed anew right now. Note how zones 1, 5, 9 and 13 gets two hours off on the 4th (at midnight), then zones 2, 6, 10 and 14 gets 2 hours off on the 8th, and so forth.

I think this is how CoCT chose to break the pattern. When you have 16 zones and 12 load-shedding slots, the high number of common denominators (gemene delers) will always cause a pattern. So to break the pattern, every 4 days the guy who got the midnight slot, gets a night off.

So about 4 nights, every month, you get some discount. But because it is the midnight slot, even fewer people will notice.

I understand your analysis of it being “fair” and “discounts” … what he says …

LS schedules are 15 years outdated. On top of this the stages lately are being “used” to hide the actual MW that is being shedded at times, yet we “feel good” because we get “discounts”?

How can LS schedules be adapted to save more businesses … when I compare what is happening at my house, how would I have been able to operate a business with staff today?

THAT is what I’m trying to figure out … hoping others will join that conversation rather.

TTT, not dumping a load on you buddy, promise. The is just the way the cookie crumbles. The point of view that you take on this, is diametrically opposite of what Eskom is taking.

Let’s be clear, consumers do not want LS, nor do they want the unpredictability and schedule changes etc. etc. but yet… Eskom is not a business, they do not think like a business, nor care like a business in competition. Client satisfaction to them is like is my boss happy and for them up the chain till the Minister.

You, we and us all does not feature in the thinking at all. So looking for that will just be frustrating, in the extreme, sorry bud.

JammerGroetnis

1 Like

My daughter’s work, a factory as I mentioned before, has no generators nor UPS’es, staff work around the LS schedules, still 8 hours per day, and sometimes the manufacturing takes place at night.

That was a “AHA!!!” moment for me.

Now Eskom may not give two bits, but people, some never even posting, may read a comment and get an “AHA!!!” moment.

IdeesWatKanWerk Groete.

At last!!! Gordhan, Mantashe, and Dr Zol moved sideways …

When all this talk of an electricity minister came up, I did opine (perhaps not here?) that it could be a good thing. If done correctly, it breaks the “Gwede knot”. If done badly, it just become a new bottleneck.

So far, I expect the usual process of things looking good, and then snatching defeat from the clutches of victory in the end.

1 Like