Eskom ... is there ANY chance? In CPT there is

The magic of reports. You can make anything look good or terrible by just reporting on the correct numbers and leaving out the others you don’t want :smiley:
Got that T-shirt as well :tshirt:

1 Like

Interesting sidenote I heard on the radio (and found again just now): CoCT is going to take over final Eskom distribution customers in its municipal area.

“Ten percent to 15% of customers in the City Cape Town, some pockets in the city that are still serviced by Eskom. Eskom really wants to hand them over to us; we really want to take them over,” the mayor said.

What! I’m R2.63 … R1.67 was years ago.

Dude, you’re in Cape Town. R2.63 <600kWh, R3.63 above that. Look up the Eskom Tariffs for Home Power :slight_smile:

Wow, I checked the map and you are right, I am in CPT. Wow. :man_facepalming: :smile:

Eskom published some tools to calculate how the new proposed tarrif will work.

Liewe moses, I know we have discussed it, some have reported on it, but it gets very real very fast, if the Eskom Big Boss starts talking about it, very real.

I bet too, him talking out about it, that his days are numbered. As with everyone who does.

The sad part is that De Ruyter can see what is required to fix and the minister in charge is undermining all with his Eskom v2…that will save SA like SAA v2 (roll eyes)

1 Like

Clown music commence, and around and around we go… Stage 2 again for the week…

Groetnis

Saw a comment on social media yesterday, kind of makes sense in a backwards way. It basically insinuated that there is load shedding again because the fuel price dropped. This mean Eskom sees it viable to run some of the turbine generators again while taking some of the coal units offline for maintenance.

1 Like

If that is true… I’m not even angry. I’m impressed!

De Ruyter did say we have to be ready for load shedding for quite some time, and that a culture of maintenance will be established. That story sounds not-unplausible!

I did however notice, even before the fuel price dropped, that we were running one “kerf” short of the black part on the energy-disaster-o-meter they show between the 7PM news and the weather in the evenings, so I do suspect it’s not just that, it is probably a combination of things again.

I’ve decided to bury my “Eskom pitchfork”.

What De Ruyter has come out and said openly, it seems to me the good guys inside of Eskom are doing their level best 24/7/365 … with both hands tied behind their back, sometimes even with a blindfold on too.

The fact is, it has become what it is … and it is not going to get better UNTIL something drastically changes in SA … in the meantime, till that change happens, I vote for Team De Ruyter to keep it running as long and best they can under their current circumstances.

More support for De Ruyter and The Good Guys MAY just take the attention away to where it should be focussed on.

1 Like

In the spirit of good news, here’s something – you only need the headline really:

1 Like

In the videos under the Molefe article, De Ruyter speaks even more openly, if that is possible.

Can you clever people please explain to me.
I know there is places in SA which doesn’t get load shedding, national key points like military bases, the presidents house, some hospitals etc.

We live quite close to Waterkloof Airforce Base, the neighbourhood right next to them never gets load shedding. A uncle of mine lives close to one of the presedential houses in Pretoria, they never get load shedding.

We bought a farm in the Dinokeng game reserve just outside Pretoria recently. On the one side of the reserve is Hammanskraal, most of which is a informal settlement, township, call it what you want, I don’t know what the PC word is these days.

I was on the farm Friday, open the Eskom se ma se app to try figure out which load shedding area we are in. So the 3 closest areas is Hammanskraal 1, Hammanskraal 2 and Welgevonden, later the power went off so I could see we fall under Welgevonden.

However, if you look at the schedules, not one of the Hammanskraal areas on the app ever has load shedding, threw this entire weekend going to level 4 I’ve kept a eye on them, Hammanskaal never ever ever gets load shedding.
Plus, whether you drive past there at 7:00 in the morning or 12:00 during the day, all the big floodlights outside between the houses is burning loud and proud.

Why is this? Why is this that more than half of those households who probably doesn’t even pay for their electricity, yes sorry I know I’m generalizing but chances are good, why is it that they never get load shedding but honest paying sitizens get shafted?

Community Safety.

Some of the worse parts of the Cafe Flats also don’t get shed. Because doing so will seriously endanger the lives of many people who live there, and not on a theoretical level.

1 Like

They are working from there this week.

I’m told that Southdowns estate also don’t have loadshedding. Except when the cables are stolen, which is often.

1 Like

If I remember some government ministers have houses in Southdown estate, or at least close family of government ministers.

1 Like

I heard they share a “circuit” with some nearby important point.

I also heard of places elsewhere in the country where they are installing an extra transformer and splitting the circuits precisely because the public is complaining about this special treatment of people who are on the same circuit…

Over a decade ago, I lived in an area of Somerset West called “Heritage Park”. They were on the same circuit as the township… and it was election year… :slight_smile: