Camera System around House

Nothing was found unless you can prove such with a link … :slight_smile:

Can’t work a search engine or just too lazy? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://askaribeams.co.za/

1 Like

Aw pity, I’m sure I would have been able to convince you otherwise :wink:

I’m torn between perimeter alarms, as Plonkster went, what was the cost Plonk?
And camera’s, of which I order 2 to play with.

A beam is just over 2k. But you also need the “Nano” station (to arm/disarm them), and I also took an alarm integration module (not for my alarm, for home assistant, I want to use automation to switch on lights). All in just over R8200 for three beams and the accessories.

But this is for the wireless model. You can also buy the wired model, which needs a 12V supply and has a good old dry contact relay. Those are around R1400 a piece. Exceptional value and the first thing I had my eye on, but then I decided to rather opt for the wireless model.

1 Like

We have a few solutions out there based on Victron MPPTs and local Lithium which power multiple Hik ANPR cameras. We have one pole with 6 cameras and an NVR and a Pi and a switch and it never uses more than 40W in total direct DC.

1 Like

Speak to me, us, or forever hold yer piece … piece like in gun, not peace. :laughing:

After more than 2 months I received notice that the cameras is at the local post office. Have to pay R130 for their service. I can’t believe I received it through the local postal service.

1 Like

I ordered 3 camera’s on 1 order.

The one camera arrived 2 weeks ago for collection at Bellville Post Office.
The other 2 arrived yesterday to be collected at Welgemoed Post Office.

And also paid R129 to each Post Office.

So what’s the best Docker or Linux based NVR if one doesn’t have a Google Coral? Any recommendations?

I like NX Witness. Keep the server component in a tiny Linux VM. You could level load it on a Pi.

1 Like