I’ve seen a view discussions here on which cameras to get and so on, but I’m quite interested in the whole package and come with a few questions. Would really appreciate help with this!
- Do I go DVR or NVR? I like the PoE idea of NVR and the fact that it is more flexible and also have audio.
- I want to integrate with Home Assistant, should this influence my purchasing decision or and any camera feed be integrated relatively easily?
- I need remote viewing access, should this influence my decision?
- Where is a good place to shop for the parts? I see some stuff on takealot, but it looks to be a bit limited.
- Are there any brands I should avoid like the plague or any brands that I should absolutely get?
- All my cameras (initially) will be outdoor, only need 5 for now. Is there a specific camera “form” I should get? I see there’s domes, bullets, etc. and it confuses me a little… Is the shape really just the “look” you want, or are there practical considerations?
- Two of my cameras should be able to see at least 20m far. Is this an issue?
- Is it worth it to get an installer?
- If I go NVR (and PoE), what are all the components that I need to get to have it up and running?