(Apexium) Grade A EVE 280Ah 304Ah Lifepo4 cells and 48V DIY kits in South Africa warehouse

Hello, the 280Ah and 304Ah cells in our South African warehouse have been sold out,only 105Ah cell instock.
So far, we have sold the third batch of Lifepo4 cells and DIY kits.
thanks for everyone support. Our next shipment will arrive in February.

We only sell 100% Grade A and brand new cells in South Africa.

Welcome contact me.
Alman@apexiumtech.com
+86 139 2459 0500

Good day
I have an Ellies inverter

1440W/2400VA Inverter with Trolley Modified Sinewave

More details here

The current batteries don’t last long. The unit has 2x 12volt lead acid batteries.

Therefore I need replacement batteries.

I want to know if the apexium batteries can be used on this inverter?

I’m not sure this inverter can communicate with our BMS because I don’t see your inverter brand in the list. Or you can send me a copy of the inverter’s communication protocol. I’ll ask our engineer check it.

That’s a cheap modified sine wave inverter with no communications at all.

I think @midnightcaller wants to know if you have a 24V option that can be used as a drop-in replacement for lead acid batteries.

1 Like

We are improving the 24V DIY kit and will update the information soon.

Some photos for EVE new version LF280K, this model tested capacity more than 310Ah and have 8000 cycles.

EVE LF304

Apexium 48V 280 DIY kits

And data sheet for cells, can check each cells QR code number, capacity, IR in the data sheet list…

Hi @Johna_2106
Please read my opening post.
Is there an apexium battery that will work with this Ellies inverter ?

Hi @midnightcaller i have read your entry post, as for the 24V option, we have that product available and Life po4 cells as a drop in replacement for your batteries.

This is the list of inverter brands that our BMS can communicate with.

Hi @Johna_2106

My Ellies inverter is not in the list which means that my inverter will only work with lead acid batteries.

Thanks for your response

Maybe you should invest in a better inverter sir, we have in stock if interested.

I concur with what Johnathan said.

The reason being,Ellies is not that reliable an inverter. Works, yes, but from what I saw when I was dabbling in lead acid UPS battery replacements, their batts died quicker than other inverters due to not very reliable charging.

That COULD cause BMS issues, one does not need to have the BMS connected to an inverter, a bunch of us are running like that.

But one does need to adjust the charge volts to never go above 3.45v per cell, or 13.8v, my advice.

Yes, some will say 3.65v is the max, 14.6v, but that is right on the edge of the BMS tolerance, it switches off if one cell hits 3.66v.

Look carefully, sometimes even these cheap inverters have a lower voltage setting for some battery, and you can use that to run very reliably with a drop-in replacement LFP battery.

I helped someone out once, they also had a cheap 24V inverter, but this inverter had some setting for gel batteries that didn’t charge all the way to 29V (as your typical lead-acid chargers do), and that meant she could use it with a 8-cell Pylontech battery (28.4V max) just fine.

Thank you for that!

That is the key to look for.

I have replaced my Mom’s batteries with 2 x 24v DIY lifepo4 batteries about 1.5 years ago. Exact same system as you have and no problems yet. I reduced the charge rate from 20A to 10A.

3 Likes

The Ellie’s inverter and batteries was purchased just about 24 months by my sister. It powered a tv , one light and a laptop. Total cost was about R13K. Now the lead acid batteries are kaput.

It’s not easy to dispose of the inverter after spending that money.
So I’m looking for a lithium based solution.

These Ellie’s inverter was very popular. Many consumers bought these thru retail channels. However, Due the eskom LS, the batteries were being drained.
These people have the same problem. That is, looking for replacement batteries. But not wanting to buy lead acid batteries.

Please find a lithium solution for those people who bought these dumb Ellies type inverters.

Are you talking about these things?

Yes ,