(Apexium) Grade A EVE 280Ah 304Ah Lifepo4 cells and 48V DIY kits in South Africa warehouse

Cheapest 24V Lithium battery option I can find is a 50Ah one on TA for R6000.

For the same money and based on the smallish loads you describe the trolley is used for I would consider this 12V option from incredible connection for R6300. Looking at the manual it should be a version of the Ellies inverter and includes a 50Ah lithium battery. Benefit here is that you get a total package with warranty - if it does not work you have some recourse (vs slapping a battery on the existing trolley that may or may not get along with the BMS of the battery).

1 Like

I found the manual for those earlier. The Narrow/Wide has to do with how sensitive it is to grid voltage and probably how it creates the modified sine wave as well, Wide is supposed to be more energy efficient. The other switch just sets the charge current. Charge voltage can not be adjusted (maybe someone with electronic skills and make a modification inside).

It is locked to 28.8V, or 3.6V per cell. That is not too high for LFP, although it is on the high side. A well balanced LFP will be able to handle that. The float voltage is 27.4V which is just fine.

Those inverters sell brand new for maybe R2500 to R3000. The batteries are between 2k and 3k a piece. So that trolley, in working condition, is worth max 9k. There are plenty of Lithium packs available now from Ecoflow, Bluetti or Gizzu that cost less than that.

Sell the inverter on marketplace and get an all-in-one pack. You’re going to spend maybe 2k more overall, and get a new warranty and a much better product.

1 Like

@midnightcaller i guess we have to stick to the times and upgrade as we go along, going the Lithium route has always been people’s first preference, it’s better in the long run too. All our cells has a 10 year Warranty and we only got positive feedback, i was at the warehouse a few days ago here in China to see their production and i got blown away with they workmanship and how consistent they cells are when testing. Big ups to them :ok_hand:

@TheTerribleTriplet Thanks for agreeing man, lol i mean even the word Ellies sounds old :laughing: - @midnightcaller it’s time to upgrade brother… :facepunch: give a shout when you ready and i’ll glady assist you :ok_hand: