Wonderful world of marketing

Recently added a battery powered clipper to my grooming kit (I prefer my hair in a style that suggests: the lice problem at hyperactive kids bouncy land pre-school has not yet been sorted out).

Anyway, I am glad for the advances brought on by lithium battery tech - especially the promise of long run-time versus a comparatively short charge…

Charge_Discharge_Clipper

1 Like

On that topic, if you watch enough YouTube, you will see that the marketing people are now running with the idea that men really ought to do more… landscaping. The ads are quirky enough, but I cannot help but think that someone invented a problem for a solution they wanted to sell.

:slight_smile:

I will give them the benefit of the doubt… maybe they were initially inspired by someone feeling a bit crabby… trying to solve a similar problem to head lice where people might, also mistakenly, think shorter hair will fix the problem.

When that did not pan out as they hoped they decided to repurpose it as a new standard for modern aesthetics.

I should probably edit my original post to refer to barbering, rather than grooming… :rofl:

Oh man… since this is Off Topic… and I just thought of the most brilliant story. This lady had to go and see the Gynecologist. So as you do, she cleaned herself up a bit, and off she went. The doctor then told her it really wasn’t necessary to go to all that trouble, and she didn’t quite understand why he said that… until she got home and discovered the washcloth she used, was also used by her daughter to clean up a school project… one that involved glitter.

Necro? (but who cares…)

While the debate/s around personal preferred identity and choice of pronouns remain somewhat controversial - extending this to the world of vegetables is a bridge even I struggle to cross.

Reckon one carrot from the bag identifies as large :upside_down_face:

Carrot_Identity

I missed the OP and original marketing fail until now… so sorry for the late entry.

But I was looking at this the other day in Clicks, for super cheap:

It looks great for a lithium-based rechargeable option, until you realize it is NOT rechargeable - it only uses lithium batteries AA cells :slight_smile:

not to worry, so far you are in the running for at least fourth place… (as judge I am totally impartial) :slightly_smiling_face:

I nearly made that mistake through takealot. Had it in my basket and then my Spidey Sense said: “wait, double check”. The “updated” model will likely be sold minus the battery and claim the product is lithium coloured…

@plonkster, how is the OCD going? :wink: Thanks for the ninja edit (I really should be getting to the spectacle people…) :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m helpful like that :slight_smile:

if this Victron thing does not pan out you can always move to the lighter blue bank :slightly_smiling_face: (although I have no idea if they still have that as their slogan… seeing that this is the marketing thread).

I must admit - I ended up buying the kit in any case (it was really cheap) and it is the first time I’ve used a lithium AA cell - they’re pretty amazing. I’ve used that thing to trim the sideburns for more than a year now and it is still going strong on the original battery (the one included).

Had they NOT included the battery I probably wouldn’t have known and would have thrown in a AA rechareable.

1 Like

Invest in plastic, not gold.

It is true, pick just for when they fix it, or not. :innocent:
https://www.makro.co.za/stationery-office-furniture/office-furniture/chairs/bar-stools/chairs-stools/3-x-sa-leisure-party-chair/p/7ba56d23-661a-4e88-b049-8efa7ccc88d8

Till slip from friends our ours recently.

More worried about the cashier!

On that topic, that Phanda meal is not half bad, and competitively priced.