Waterflow meter

Calling all guys more clever than me,

purchased 2 of these flow sensors…

Looking for Python code to read them. it seems their “math” is a bit not clear, there is python code to read the normal hall effect, but you need to tell the Python how to intrepid the “clicks” it’s getting from sensor to L/min flow.

plan is to connect 2 of these onto a RPi zero located close to the 2 water tanks, going to measure water in from council and then water flowing out to booster pump into house.

Specification:
Product Model: B10 Product Name
Model YF-B10: Product Name
Rated voltage: DC=5V inspection standard
Appearance Product identification is clear, accurate and correct
Water pressure: resistance >1.75MPa
working voltage range: DC5 ~ 15V
insulation resistance: >100MΩ
Accuracy: [in 1~25LMIN]±5%
Flow pulse characteristics: (6*Q-8) Q=L/Min±5%
Output pulse high level: > DC 4.7V (input voltage DC 5V)
output pulse duty cycle: 50% ± 10%

(as per other thread, also adding a water level sensor, and then looking for solution still to do water pressure on lines).

G

I would guess that the easiest would be to use ESPhome.

would but I don’t use esphome, I use RPi’s with Python, MQTT and InfluxDB.
:wink:

G

Seems like a bit fo a waste having an RPI at the tank just to watch the flow meter.

Would be better to use Tasmota to flash a ESP8266 MCU which will pick up the data from the meter and post it to MQTT for you

You can get one for less than R100.
https://www.robotics.org.za/index.php?route=product/search&search=8266

… the single RPiZero W will be monitoring 2 tank levels ( HC-SR04) and 2 flow meters (1 Inch Water Flow Sensor Hall Sensor Switch Flow Meter DN25 Brass Wate – Reliable Store), and potentially the same RPi will be controlling a 2 way relay also that will be controlling 2 solenoid valves.

so no wastage planned.

G

Back to my question,

I’m having problems/figuring out how to intrepid the formula/math to be able to calculate the water flow/volume.

G