Water booster Pump

hi all…
hope all gooood.

Anyone have any dealings with these guys,
Anyone had a look at integrating them with a Home Assistant setup.
I’ve reach out, they seem to have a IO module, so will hear how you can interface with it.

G

I have not integrated with one.
But I do have the DAB Esybox Mini 3 installed at my house and its wonderful.
Its probably been in now for 2 years and not once have I had any trouble with it.

1 Like

curious,

what did you pay?

G

My mother in law has a water business so I got the unit at cost (Or at least I hope so :upside_down_face:)

But if I remember correctly around R8K?

1 Like

hehehehe mother in law, master in law… you will have to comment.

G

I actually have a very good relationship with my in laws :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got an EsyBox here in Mexico. Works great, quiet and powerful, been installed going on 3-years. Dab makes an I/O box and a cloud based monitor/config box. However I haven’t played with them yet.

3 Likes

I dropped their local agents a question, but seems they not that responsive.

I saw the io expansion module, hoping that module can be used to integrate with a MQTT hub.

G

1 Like

DAB is sold at our local AGRI. That might be an option if you have one close to you.

2 Likes

I do, just figured the local national agent would be the best place to ask technical questions… :wink:

will ask the local Agri up the road.

G

Also talk to irrigation people. They often know more about what can be done for integration.

1 Like

JOJO have a range of VSD pumps as well.
The 1.5kw one is around R9k and they have a cheaper 0.75kw one which is about R5k I think.

I’m aware… and they have many other makes also. question was specifically re DAB.

G

You can change some pump settings and read the flow rate data etc from the pump using the Modbus interface.

Easiest would probably be to use and ESP8266 with ESPHome or Tasmota

Will have to see what the pump expose,

Still primarily looking at the DAB pumps. Looks like they have a IO module on some of the pumps.

G

How do you interface with the dab pump

had a look, the higher models have a management board, but it seems to be “closed”, aka can’t interface, without going seriously off the reservation.

G

There is an integration for Home Assistant now for DAB Pumps