Victron MPPT 150/100 Ve.Can

Hi All, acquired a 2nd MPPT to add extra panels to my system but not having any joy to get the new MPPT working.

My existing MPPT is also 150/100-Tr (no Ve.Can ports) and i’ve adjusted settings on the new unit so they are the same.

Connected with Ve.Direct and it shows up in the device list and Colour Control but does not charge. Picks up battery volts and PV voltage is at 100v+ but Zero current. All firmware is up to date. Inverter is a Quattro

Question is, do I have to have a Ve.Can cable for the new unit to link it to CCGX before it will charge? Waiting for supplier head technical guy to get back to me…

Any thoughts welcomed

Thanks

Ok, just spent about 40 mins on the phone with supplier tech support, checking settings, trying various options etc

Conclusion: Take the unit back for warranty replacement

Something to check, there is a little remote-control plug on it. It ships with a wire loop already in it. Sometimes those screws are loose and that is all…

A tech (from Victron) can also check the “Device Off Reason” (which it sends to VRM) and tell you why it is off…

Thanks - checked and the screws are well fastened

If you send me a VRM url or VRM id I could probably check for you what the problem is/was…

Thanks, that’s very kind, will PM you…