Venus GX not reconnecting to Router

Thanks for the explanation Jaco! Just more reason for me to pull through a lan cable (the switch and router is connected to a UPS, but the Wifi APs are not).

OK, LAN cable connected (temporarily, before I go on leave) to the VenusGX and Home Assistant configured to use the new IP.

Silly question - do I keep the Wifi enabled and connected as is? Or should I disable it (and how - just disconnect and forget it from the existing network?)

Just Forget it! The lan remains the best option.

2 Likes

The lan is always preferred as default route, so you can just leave the Wi-Fi. It should not interfere.

I actually had a question about this - the ā€˜preferred routeā€™. If the LAN is up, but it is not connected to internet, and the wifi is also up but it does have internet connected - then this wonā€™t route to the internet.

I suppose any other solutions would become increasingly brittle and complicated?

For anyone interested, the solution to my problem turned out to be much less interesting. The ethernet cable was faulty. It eventually stopped working completely and I went to test it with a laptop and nothing worked. So I replaced the cable and not been a problem since.

1 Like

Always those obvious things that we check last. :rofl:

Glad you found it!

1 Like