Starting with Node-Red on Victron [Guide]

Must say, from where I started: Victron Cronjobs

To HomeAssistant … o yeah, it broke again after updating, so it is going to go. Why? Victron Cerbo updates spoils one ito reliability even when running on “cutting edge” firmware like Release Candidate releases. Cudo’s to @plonkster and Co.

So HA is to be replaced with Ubuntu 20.4 on Hyper-V (I see there is now a Win10 Ubuntu version) running (with help to setup) NodeRED + Graphana.

Ubuntu is going to run the Automations coming like geyser control via cell app as well as keeping track of the BMS data … IF all plans play out. Got gatvol of people asking me, “Daaaaad … what is the geyser temp? Must we switch it on?”

Why Hyper-V some may wonder? Cause one can make a damn fast backup/restore of the entire machine for when I break things, not if, when …

Hence also the split with Victron stuff running on Victron platform, home automation stuff on home automation dedicated setup, which not only “protects me from myself”, it also is simpler when stuff runs on the same hardware already running stuff 24/7/365.

1 Like