SOLD: Solis 2.5kw mini 4G for sale

I did ask him … he said you may have it?

Great idea. Yes, I do.

Having already considered it, and we want to build:

1. we lose the lovely winter sun in the living room and bedrooms, ex-Valies living in Cpt, we want that,
  2. the panels may have some shading in mid-summer due to the roof overhang, which would have been great,
  3. not to forget the northeaster that will smack the panels square from below.

I considered building a pool cover out of solar panels. Make it fold up etc. Because people are always like “daddy, we need a pool!” but once they have one, they swim like 8 times in the year.

I’m probably not going to do it, since I do have roof space open, but it would have been an interesting project.

One time I was thinking carport … with solar panels for roof sheets.

Man, instruction was to bypass, if they removed it from the db, some guy will be a girl before tomorrow 9H00. Let me find out what the true state is… if they removed it, i will courier on my expense… you need to negotiate price with @Ironman.

It’s an interesting idea. Can you make a completely self-sustaining swimming pool that doesn’t require plugging into the mains that way? All filtering and warming done by the power it generates from it’s own panels.

In theory I think it can be done. You need around 4kW to 5kWh a day to run a pool the size of mine, and that is done fairly easily with 1kWp of panels, or around 5 square meter. Throw in a VSD so the pump can start running earlier in the morning, directly from the panels, and I think it can be done.

Would need to somehow supply the chlorinator cell as well (unless you use powdered chlorine), but that’s probably easy enough.

Downsides: When there is a week of little sun, as we get in the Western Cape, then the pump is also not running. Skipping a day is usually no biggie, especially in winter (when algae grows slower), but for salt pools like mine where it needs to run to make chlorine, I’m not sure it is possible to make it fully off-grid.

When I “closed my pool”, a grey cover on top, black underneath, it could last for months with crystal clear water underneath.

The First Secret: NO sunlight anywhere near the water.
The Second Secret: When the cover comes off, better if you start a day or two before that to circulate the water, chlorinate it good and proper.

Saved a ton, no pump, no chlorine.

Evenings could lift part of the cover, and swim in bath water.

1 Like