Renting a Power Quality Analyzer?

The minor ‘flicks’ on the first one is mostly at the peaks but not always. I’ve got a few captures on the rising edge also. I think it’s just blind luck that I took that sample to paste in the post. It could be someone dropping a spanner on the source feed and it takes mere nano seconds to vaporise :laughing:

The second capture I’ve always seen with the distortions right on the peaks but again, no real concern there apart from my little APC UPS noticing it.

Ok, so I caught it with my Pico scope and it nicely shows the issue. This whole thread was to get to a point where I could see what is causing my Quattro to go to Invert mode AND at the same time NOT disengage the ACOut2 relay.
For reference, if I don’t program any relay assistant then it works as designed - ACOut2 disengages on a brownout. With a Relay assistant it does not.

Ok, to explain. The masked area is where normal grid wave usually resides at around 235V. Calculating the grid voltage in the image above comes to 173V. My Quattro is set to AC Disconnect at 180V so in all fairness, it did what it was supposed to do.

The question is, why didn’t the ACOut2 relay disengage? Anyone with an idea as this puts my Heavy loads directly on my battery which has caused overloads in the past.

My guess is that it ignores all the internal checks when you program your own but never gives the option to add a Low Voltage Disconnect, only an AC not available option.

I suspect you are right. I know that the “AC not available” determination will not trigger on that voltage. Perhaps this is something that can be incorporated in future. Perhaps go onto the community site and post the same there?

Hi @plonkster I’ve previously done that but got no tangible reaction or interest in this BUT the condition of this wasn’t clear back then. I was initially under the impression it was a micro-break in grid power.

I will however try again and perhaps someone that works with this sees it and puts it on a ToDo list for the future. A fix/addition would help me a lot as I am heavily reliant on that AC Out2 relay and assistant.