Remote control of Goodwe ES

Inverter Version 2424H (as per PV Master App)
SEMS version 1242417 (as per SMS App)

I do not know where to get the ARM version from, but Goodwe confirmed this afternoon (27 March 2023) that they updated me to the latest ARM

Do not know how to check for the HA integration. But for what it is worth, I installed HA OS 2 weeks ago and at the same time the integration.

Here is what I want to do.

I set my DoD to 40%. Thus when there is load shedding somewhere in the night, I will be fine. But, if that session of load shedding took my battery to say 20%, I would like to charge the battery back up to 40% before the next load shedding session. If that session is 6am.

So I would like to charge my batteries using the backup mode for an hour. Then back to On Grid Mode.

But I only need to charge the batteries if there will be load shedding at 6. Otherwise I am fine going into the day with that 20% SoC, waiting for the sun to charge the batteries.

Happy to hear of alternative thinking

I really hijacked this thread, but I decided to restart home assistant as the firmware reported per the integration differed from the firmware on the PV master app

2424H per PVMaster
2424G per Goodwe Integration panel in Home Assistant.

After restart they are the same. And now the expected behaviour is happening

If I change the Mode in Home Assistant, it changes is in PV Master, and system responds as expected

Thanks everyone

I would suggest you use eco charge mode for that purpose.

Sorry all.

I just thought I will update here for anyone googling this.

But this morning (28 March) the HA integration again is not working.

I can make the change. The change show in PV master. But the inverter is not resetting to make the change active.

I know some said that with the new firmware the change does not need a reset to become active. But it is not my experience

Why I do not like the eco mode is that I do not always need to charge.

I only need to charge if the SoC is below threshold and if there will be loadshedding from 6.

Otherwise I happy to go into the day with a low SoC and get the solar to charge

You can set those rules from HA and use that to trigger setting ECO charge or not?

So run in general mode most of the time, but when you need charge, set eco charge mode power to 100% (or lower % if you want to charge slower), if on master branch or later than 0.9.9.9 then also set eco mode soc to what you want soc, then set inverter operation mode to eco charge.
When done, back to general mode.

Fairly similar to the backup mode historically. Like you, I found backup mode doesn’t always do what you expect it to do.

3 Likes

OK… so Goodwe created an installer account for me and linked my inverter to that. I now get the “configure” button in the SEMS app.

Unfortunately this isn’t much help. I can go into eco mode and it shows me 4 sets of settings, but only one of these (number 3) is correct (IE agrees with PVMaster). Any changes that I make are not saved - I get a time out error.

Checkcode is 038478 (I mention this because it was one of the pieces of information I had to supply to Goodwe).
Firmware is 1212113

So on the weekend, in an idle moment, motivated by who knows what, I tried the remote configuration feature again.

It worked.

I checked again this morning. Still working.

I haven’t updated the SEMs app.
I have updated SolarGo (this is an elective update) but I can’t see how that would have any affect.
Firmware and checkcode are still the same.

But it works. So all good.

Probably just a pebcak error :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now now. Let’s keep it civil :smiley: