Pylontech US3000C - Help Please

Hi Everybody,

Forgive me, i am relatively new here. I have 2 x US3000C + 3 x US3000 Batteries in one bank on a 12KW Growatt Inverter. Something went wrong with my inverter and now my 2 x US3000C batteries come on, No Fault lights, but will not give any output voltage. The other 3 x US3000 will not even come on. I have attached the Log files from both for reference, i cannot make heads or tails with the information on them. I am hoping one of you Technical Guru’s can assist me.

I am guessing…
I think the internal BMS has locked out due to low voltage.
I think if you apply ( correct polarity of course) DC voltage to the output the internal BMS will see this and unlock and allow charging.
Note: I am guessing.

See around 3:05

1 Like

HI @Phil.g00 - Many thanks. I would suspect so also. Thanks for the video, good to know there are other options out there. Unfortunately, i need to figure out, how to unlock the BMS / Reset it. Any ideas on that?
thanks

Sorry, not a derail, can delete it later … anyone knows where one can find this?
What is it called, these converters?

Maybe a good idea to have, to get stuff working again?

Looks like an RJ45 breakout box.

1 Like

I would suggest buying a crimping tool instead, that looks like a broken connector waiting to happen. Crimping is probably less effort as well.

https://www.takealot.com/cable-crimping-tool-with-cutter/PLID70980330
https://www.takealot.com/ugreen-rj45-8p8c-lan-connector-10pc-crystal/PLID69452373

Found it … Delock RJ45 Male to Terminal Block 8-pin 2-part Adapter 65389

Breakout boxes are meant for development and diagnostic work, not for long term use. So yes, definitely crimp if you intend using it in the long term, but if you’re just mocking up a test setup, it is indeed very useful.

1 Like

As I said:
I think if you apply ( correct polarity of course) DC voltage to the output the internal BMS will see this and unlock and allow charging.

Just like that fella did in the video.

Did you try to reset them?

1 Like

Sadly, the only time I saw what is happening to you, was when the charge controller on a similar inverter packed up, it caused the voltage to go over 70 volts dc. The BMS protected the cells by disconnecting it from the circuit but the BMS electronics could not handle the over voltage and some components blew. The us 2000 came on but did not bring the output on. My supplier fixed it under warranty…

I also inherited a site with 4 pylons that was subjected to overvoltage… all 4 did not even come on, Client had to pay to replace the bms in all 4

1 Like