Pylontech Firmware Updates (We Take No Responsibility For Any Firmware Posted Here, Choose Correct Firmware For Your Battery)

Glad I could help with the recovery process :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what are the differences and all the benefits of upgrading to v1.8 on UP5000?

Hi folks.
I have 4 US2000 Pylons, 3 have device name US2KBPL but strangely one of them has device name PHANTOM-S.
You can see the one second from the top in the photo, which has device name PHANTOM-S, is clearly not a Phantom !
My question is can I update them all to v3.4 firmware for the Plus modules ?

E-mail the serial number of the battery to service@pylontech.com.cn and ask for the latest firmware for it. They may take a day or two to reply, but that is the safest way to go about this.

2 Likes

Thanks Pierre, will do.

So this was the reply from Pylontech…

“Different versions of firmwares wouldn’t influence the usage of batteries. There is no need to upgrade if batteries would work well.”

Which makes you wonder why they bother developing new firmware. :person_shrugging:

I’m sure you can come up with a valid-ish reason for needing the firmware. :wink:

I’ve never been refused firmware by Pylontech support, but I’ve always given a reason upfront for why I need it.

1 Like

You just get used to tech companies telling you to keep firmware up to date for best performance so it’s odd when one tells you not to bother.

1 Like

This worked for me too, thanks. :+1:

Been having an issue with a US2000 reading the voltage of cell 5 incorrectly and also incorrect soc so thought I’d try a firmware update which failed at 40% resulting in a seemingly dead battery.

Tried the upgrade tool in bootloader mode but no luck then tried your method.
Batteryview 3.0.29 and 3.0.28 didn’t work but version 3.0.24 did and with a bin file surprisingly.

Back to square one though with the bms showing the incorrect voltage of cell 5 and 0% soc for the module, even at 53v. :confused:

I have a brand new Force H2 V2 battery (with 3 modules) and I tried to update the firmware, in order to enable higher discharge current (the inverter reported 18.5A, probably an old value from V1, V2 is specified to 40A).

I used battery viewer, it reported fw 1.2 and I started the update to fw 1.6.

After ~70%, it stopped responding and the unit doesn’t respond anymore…

I tried as here suggested with immediate update, but I get “Fail to get into bootloader mode”…
Does anyone have a hint for me? Or do I have to sent it for a sw reprogramming??

Thanks,
Gabriel

Is anyone in possession of the recovery software for pylontech, and willing to share it with me. I help a forumite a while back to get his hands on it, but now he doesn’t want to share it with me.

One of my guys thought his doing good by updating the firmware at a client without my knowledge and he bricked 3 us3000s, I was able to remotely save the one they haven’t switched off. Cant save the rest.

I need that file seriously.

Is it the Batteryview software you need or the firmware ?

There is a special recovery program doing the rounds, but i cant seem to get my hands on it.

Just got my hands on the “Magic File” And it works.

Anybody ever needs this, PM me.

A friendly distributor sent me the file.

2 Likes

Does it also do the upgrade of firmware. I am keen to do mine for better data and am nervous as “h$$l”.

It handles the upgrade, by communicating to the BMS in bootloader Mode.

All in one program

Can you send me this Magic File? I habe broken upgrade and cant get bootmode.

I’m a new member here, apparently can’t send PMs yet… would you be able to send the file to me as well, please?
Thank you

Hi Jaco,
Would it be possible to provide the file that you have mentioned, I am looking at a US5000 in a remote location and would like to cover all bases when the visit is arranged. I can’t PM yet so please email to this temporary email address: eaa6ygpw@freeml.net

Hello,

Is it possible to get the special firmware? Have no connection after firmware update to my US3000C

This link has the latest for the US2000C and US3000C. Just follow the instructions.

https://www.effekta.com/download/firmwareupdate-fuer-us2000c-3000c/