Pole mount battery box

Anyone know where I can get a pole mounted battery box to house 1 or 2 12v 100ah batteries.

I see them on poles but cannot find any suppliers.

I used a standard exterior electrical box. just check the depth. Had my batteries and also my charge controller, etc. just added holes and some bracing inside for the extra weight. Bolted it into pole with coach screws and washers.

1 Like

I’m using M/steel enclosures for my setup. Check on Mantech site. Their price is really good.

1 Like

Show us a photo of the yellow Bug in the foreground :slightly_smiling_face:

It is 1975 model that was build in Desember time and registered in 1976 following to the vin number. It’s got a bit of history. It was Gov vehicle driving arround in Vrystad, my mother sister husband bought it from the gov, that time he was the Magistrate on a small town. She drove it for years. In 2006 it end up with my sister to drive arround on Stellenbosch, she drove it for a short while and then I got it.

Took me 5 years to do a full rebuild with replacing allot of stuff. It’s running disc brakes, full adjustable front and rear suspension, complete interior replacement with Recaro seat.

I went for the German-Look beetle style. I’m busy building a fully forge 1915cc turbo motor for it with a MSD setup.

9 Likes

Now that is a real classic! Stunning @Gman !!

Dit maak maar my dag so a kar :wink: (Translation: This sort of car makes my day!)

1 Like

Sometimes I’m reminded of that Canadian story, where a man went to see a fight and a hockey game broke out.

People will come here to read about a pole mount battery box, and find that a car discussion has broken out :slight_smile: I love it.

3 Likes

Have a look at Allbro’s enclosures.
They make plenty of these with their composite non corrosive plastics.
This one might suit you: Electrical Enclosure, Junction Box, DB Board, Plastic Enclosure, Transformer Equipment - Allbro

He needs to fit 2x 100ah batteries so maybe a bit small.

This seems a bit on the small size.

I would prefer plastic as a metal enclosure just seems like an oven on a hot day which can’t be good for batteries.

I’m trying out a smaller setup for now to just power the cameras but the fence energizer seems to have issues as well and it may be easier to just go with a small inverter and just power everything through AC.

for now I have a 12v 12ah lithium pack with a boost converter to get to 48v to power the cameras through a poe switch and another boost converter to get to 24v to power the fiber to Ethernet converter. And lastly a charger for the battery pack.

Allbro is a local manufacturer of enclosures. I don’t think they have any local competition. And their range is extensive.
Give them a call: Ph 011 8948341

Nemtek sell a stand and enclosure (which I believe can be electrified to avoid theft of equipment within)
enclosure

1 Like

You can check on Scoop site for stuff to

I did that and apart from looking a bit hideous, it’s a weird design. A top opening lid is not the most convenient when carrying a fairly heavy battery up a pole.

The higher the pole, the more difficult to easily steel. But how the heck do you get a battery box up there in the first place and also access later for maintenance, especially if it’s a LA battery?

Yeah. That’s my point. A pole mount already makes it a challenge. A top opening just makes that a whole lot more difficult unless you have access to some sort of crane