One time use Li-ion batteries

may I suggest a tp5100 board? they can accept an input voltage of 18v and can charge 1s or 2s upto 8.4v and charge current between 0.1A and 2.0A

1 Like

Where do you get these?

Those guys know how to mark up their productsā€¦ Check these guys out rather:

this is the store on BOB that I use quite frequently. dependable and a rock solid seller on that platform.

Aaha yes, Mr. DIY/LED Select. I think his real name is David. Been in the business for years, you canā€™t go wrong with him.

Itā€™s been a few years since I ordered from him. I should fix that.

you are right Plonkster, it is Mr David

1 Like

If I have my facts straight he should be even closer to you so very much in range for the EVā€¦

Well, to be fair. Itā€™s very different having a brick and mortar store where 5-6 staff are employed, with the additional overheads compared to someone who is doin this out of their home.

Collection address is an estate so I assume itā€™s a home business.

Having said that, to the end customer, price talks

Point taken! But even so the 3x price difference canā€™t be justified IMHO :frowning:
As a customer I get no more value talking to the counter salesman at Micro Robotics (who hasnā€™t a clue as to what heā€™s selling) than I do from an ā€˜on lineā€™ vendor such as DIY Select.
If you know what I want then you canā€™t beat Aliexpress for price but then you need to order a fair quantity.

Sometimes it can.

To honor warranties, to give consistent support on demand, costs a lot.

The choice is simple:
Want that, costs more.
Donā€™t need that, the price is the driver, go cheap.

Now you just gave me another place to shop, to buy stuff I donā€™t need and end up hoarding it.

This might be the case when buying a motorcar or an inverter with PV panels and batteries et al but this hardly applies to a R29 PCBā€¦ :thinking:

It applies to everything in life ā€¦ one can sell a R29 PCB for R150 by giving the backup/support/advice to make it a bargain.

Or I donā€™t do anything, sell it to you at R29 and you are on your own, the courier charges to return it is more than R29 if there is a warranty issue.

It all depends on the business model the seller wants to follow.

It is all about the value added after the sale.

The nice thing about this option, is if you need it NOW, you can have it in like 25 minutes or soā€¦ which is not bad overall.

Same reason I often buy appliances at Hirsch (15 minutes drive away) rather than Takealot. Yes, it is a little more expensiveā€¦ but I can have a new microwave tonight rather than after the weekend.

Also, in Stellenbosch, Robotics is smack in the middle of Technopark. People literally walk over to buy parts on short notice.

With that said, if I am not in a hurry, I donā€™t mind getting it from an online seller.

During the Taxi strikes, that got problematic though. The couriers closed for two days, and I had some parts en route for a project my son had to do. On that topicā€¦ if you have an optionā€¦ The Courier Guy > Aramex. Never had an issue with TCG. Have had delays with Aramex often.

Thatā€™s true. During covid, robotics in centurion was closed or we needed to stand on the road and pre order stuff.

Not always convenient when you need something in a hurry.