Noddy badges for finding the Enter key

In most forums yes. That way you have to stick to what you said.

You can always quote what someone has said, and that will not be edited.

The problem with not being able to edit is that you can have a very messy forum where it is difficult to find information. So new users will always ask the same question over and over again.

If you can edit, then you can create a “guide” post as a sticky in which you can reference information in over threads. Like an index thread. If stuff change you can change those links.

Or, say for instance if you were to write a driver. You can have a thread about that and keep the opening post updated with the link to the very latest version. If you cannot edit the first post, then people will have to sift through all the 100s posts to find the one with the link the the latest download.

So my vote is to keep edits open. :+1:t3:

Edit: I see the if you edit a post it will be marked edited with the time of the edit also shown like this post will be image

My vote also, keep it open, for over time one can fix more syntax and spelling, as one goes over it.

It is for sharing knowledge, so we can fix up our own posts.

1 Like

Nice feature: If you click on the pencil, then you can see the history of the post and how it changed.

1 Like

Come on plonkster, we need a mother******* (uh, motherloving!) swearing badge

so I might be shot here or just lost but are we moving away from powerforum.co.za to energytalk?

I mooted this as a thing in my about me post, but apparently not.
Effectively same though I think.

Its a long story, and a question without a definite answer. There is just some old PF members that feel more relaxed here. No need to move, but visit as much as you like…

1 Like

yeah I only read your post right after I posted that. I could have deleted my post but didn’t.