New Shelly Pro 4PM

Looks interesting, if you want to go all-in on making your home smart.

• Ethernet connectivity
  • DIN mountable
  • Can handle legacy switch input
  • Local-only by default
  • MQTT by default

https://shelly.cloud/shelly-pro-smart-home-automation-solution/

Wonder if/when it would arrive here, and how much it would cost if so…

One of my friends imported 2 of them 2 weeks ago. He had snap chance grabbing 2 online before they were gone. We got a whatsapp group with friends that are running shelly stuff and we do sometimes do a group buy if we need stuff from them.

1 Like

Very nice, I do love the screen and the ethernet connectivity.

1 Like

I dunno, running Ethernet cables inside a DB board makes me very uncomfortable

1 Like

Nothing can really happened between network cable and power cable. Both are sealed in plastic. I have seen for years network cabling running next to AC cable in trunking and the buildings is still standing. Stress more about the AC cable getting loose on your terminal blocks and trip switches in your DB. :wink:

Heh, the issue is more a concern about inductive coupling between AC mains and the network cable. There’s a good reason why you don’t run AC and Comms in the same conduits. Outside of the safety factor (high voltage present on low voltage cable due to cable insulation breaking down) the other issue is surges (like a lightning strike) on incoming AC inducing damaging voltages on the Ethernet side. It’s for this specific reason WiFi works so well in this case, as there’s no risk of damage to your network when things go wrong.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion of course.

Sorry if I am being a bit doff. So these run after the breakers or these are the breakers? Just wondering what the use case would be for these?

I’d think, in general, you’d run these after normal breakers (probably on an adjacent board).

1 Like

I guess in that sense it could be kinda like a Crestron HA system where each light leads down to a smart breaker in the DB.

I doubt it has overload protection, so it cannot be the breaker. Also, I think regulations say the switches must be readily accessible, and having to tap through a touch screen or taking out your phone and joining the WiFi network first would probably not qualify :joy: