Just some pics of the progress on my batteries and inverter installation.
Firstly my father-in-law and I put some casters on the battery cabinet and inverter to help with moving them.
This is the cupboard at the start - definitely needing some TLC.
After tiling to match the tiles in our passage way:
I removed the shelves to make space for a more sturdy shelf to put the inverter on - emphasis on STURDY - this Powerstar is really heavy!
Kallie Geldenhuys did the wiring to the DB, but the inverter had a problem so it needed to go to MLT Drives to be repaired:
Deon van Rooi made this frame for me to secure the new shelf:
The shelf is in and the Powerstar is back from MLT Drives and working great.
Lastly, I put in a length of angle iron, just to be sure that the inverter can’t be rolled off the front of the shelf.
Thanks to everyone that helped me with this project. A big thank-you to @JN.V for letting me know about the advert for the Pylontech batteries, and to @Gman, @JacoDeJongh, @Stanley for all the advice and discussions.
I am also very grateful to MLT Drives and Kallie for the support in repairing and installing the inverter, and to Deon for making the iron frame to support the shelf.
In short, thanks everyone for the help!
Next on the to-do list … solar panels!