Modbus codes for MP2

Does anyone have a document with the modbus codes for the MP2
G

found this…

G

That file is for the development version. There will be things in there that is NOT yet available on the official release.

The official version of this file is on the main Victron website, under whitepapers (I think).

(Basically, the xlsx file in github is copied to the main website every time Venus is released).

Plonkster

Trying to query some addresses like L1 Frequency #9 but not getting anything back… will go look for official, wondering if these addresses are wrong.

G

Plonkster.

The VRM dashboard shows and essential load, (Wattage)
This dbus or mqtt is the datasource for this?

G

You’re looking for com.victronenergy.system/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L1/Power.

Whenever possible, get your values from the system service. This is a “summary” service that already adds things together, and because it lives on modbus address 0 (or 100) it is easy to access and always the same, unlike your other hardware which may be on different addresses that are not the same in all systems.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I see those paths are not exported via modbus.

Then you need to look for the vebus service, probably registers 23, 24 and 25. And you need to find out what the modbus address is of your multi, but you can find that on the modbus menu on the GX device.

Thanks, found 23… it maps to “Output Power L1” or dbus_obj_path: /ac/Out/L1/P

will go looking.

G

CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-3.00.xlsx (53.8 KB)

downloaded it recently…

this shoule help

1 Like

so stuck…

I know the MQTT interface well, but it 'dies" if you not looking at it…
the ModBUS, well I’m getting huge numbers back when calling it, and not all probes even return values, when it is a known suppose to be register… resulting in my dashboard being way wrong…

and yes I have a keep alive on mqtt, but it seems to not be doing it’s job or being ignored.
posting a “1” to R//keepalive once every minute.

G

Plonkster.
what modbus address you referring to, the 23,24,25 ?
I have other probes that is returning realistic/correct values so I would assume my modbus configuration is correct, which makes a number like 64320 very weird when looking at a current out.
G

… would have been great if this modbus sheet showed next to it the matching topic on which the same value is to be seen.

Anyone know where I can find kWh for day values for grid supplied, PV supplied and Battery Supplied.
G

kWh values are not on dbus. They are calculated from the energy counters on dbus every 15 minutes, and sent to VRM. The system only cares about deltas (how much it changed in the last 15 minutes). That way, a device’s energy counter can roll over, restart at zero… no problem.

1 Like

I ended using a HA:Helper function to calculate the kWh value for HA to display,

G

1 Like