Looking for Panels

Nooooo, just watched the vid, that’s utter cr@p

I think what irks me is that it is so simple to avoid. You just need one guy on staff that knows what to look for. Look for overspray. Look for toolmarks on bolts. Make sure all the doors opens and closes. Drive the car. Then send it to Dekra for a “80 point test”. Which these guys allegedly did… if they did, then Dekra didn’t do their job either! I mean this thing just fell through all the safety nets we were told are in place. That gives me that very uneasy feeling that I’m dealing with a company who may be cutting corners due to financial strain… which is why I opted to rather repair what we got (it’s a solid shell) than attempt a “take it back and return my money” move. That might have resulted in more losses.

Units available: 1 x SKU: CS3U-365P-MC4
On Rubicon web order system.

Part No: CS3U-365P-F35-MC4-5BB 1291 available at Segen.

What you are describing, having done what you could, reads to me like a huge scam, you just one of their sharper customers who caught them out.

We’ve bought a Polo for R100k, M&M value was R145k, from a Zim seller in the S/Suburbs. The seller liked how my daughter lit up when she saw the car, and did her a solid. I paid him cash at the bank, the Dekra report we got before the time, costs a LOT, and very detailed and spot on.

Bargain of the century! yeah? Agreed … till she rolled it. :man_facepalming:
Can say that Polo’s are exceptionally safe in a “rolling exercise” done by driving through a deep concrete stormwater channel, then flipping the car over a fallen lamp pole (from a previous accident at the exact same spot), landing back on its wheels, the doors still opening … not a scratch on the driver. Respect.

Well, no. Perhaps I’m just a sucker willing to give people the benefit of the doubt too easily, but it seems to me simply people who are incapable of doing the advertised job, and this could even be deterioration over time. Scam, no. Bad service, yes! Now at least they did give the money back for the repairs to the braking system. I even did all the labour for free, charging only for parts, some of which I imported from America because it was faster and cheaper than buying from Kia locally. So reason for my ranting here, OT and all, is it fits in with how I experience the average level of South African service these days. Even good people and good companies have to be called and sometimes begged for a quote. Let me not even get started with these local PVC fencing guys (Absolut Fencing). They do good work, but I’m soooo tired of having to ask for a quote twice, then having to beg them to do a site inspection… screw it. Apparently you don’t need my business…

1 Like

Dekra report is “intensely detailed” … if it was done as they said, you would have know of all the flaws before you even paid a cent for the vehicle.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Always. It is on them to show me they cannot be “trusted”.
Having said that, I’m not going to blindly go “where no man has gone before” either. Common sense and all that.

Reading about your plights at times over the years, man, I’m just very very lucky to date.

Has the OP been sorted with his request for panels?

This is for forum members only …

At Segen it is like ±R 2030 give or take I THINK ±R150 fee that they charge for sales in Cpt, some BS about sending it from Jhb or some such. No-one else does it.

Rubicon is like ±R 1810.00 give or take plus delivery unless Cpt branch has stock, but there is just 1 left somewhere in SA…

Prices differ so much due to the purchase price R/$ … if Segen waits, they will recoup, we checked WHY there is such a difference.

@plonkster - I saw that. :laughing:
Thanks … when I see it, it bugs the shiite outta me too.

1 Like

Finally, a place where I can fix other people’s spelling and grammar… :joy:

Again, some people appreciate it, others get terribly upset, so it is a power one must use sparingly. Also given that English is not my native tongue either.

Go for it … it makes for “better” concise reading months. years down the track.

1 Like

With great power, come great resonsibility. :spider:

1 Like