Well then, let me introduce myself!
At this moment in time, I am a 31 year old actuary, husband to a wife who is also an actuary, father to a 5 and a half month old daughter and two English Springer Spaniels (3 and 2 years of age, respectively).
My interests include, but are not limited to:
- Fantasy and a little science fiction or science fantasy
- Some history
- Playing piano, currently frustratingly poor
- Playing guitar, even worse
- Listening to music over the best speaker system I could justify buying. Going exceptionally well all thanks to my excellent taste!
- Computer hardware and games (for which I get minimal time)
- Camping and hiking (for which I get zero time)
- Independence of the electricity grid and home automation! (though I have yet to find time to start with the latter)
I don’t get enough time anymore to pursue my love for squash and don’t have enough money to pursue my love for cars.
What I hope to gain from this forum is to be part of a community who shares ideas, provides feedback on my stupid plans and try (with my non-existent ability, that hopefully grows over time to something approximating mediocrity) to help other members starting down the route of living more efficiently.