I’ve been introduced to this site by @TheTerribleTriplet and I already spent a entire day getting lost in the discussion, even before joining, my mind was already blown.
I’m somewhat of a Victron fanboy even though I only have experience with Victron and Blue Nova lithium on a small camping scale.
I plan to move to a little 4 ha piece of land just outside Pretoria in the near future where I plan to open a campsite, over time I want to make the entire property as energy efficient as possible.
In short my plan / very wild dreams.
- As phase 1 I want to get a grid tied system going on my house, probably built around a MPII 5 kVA with lithium.
- Phase 2 will probably be the boreholes, there are 3 boreholes on the property which I want to get off Escom as far as possible either by expanding the Victron system or by putting in solar pumps.
- As phase 3, the property has a second house which I’ll probably keep renting out, depending on the economics their electricity cost, I was thinking to also maybe grid tie this house, but straight grid tie, no battery backup.
- Then phase 4, I also want to grid tie the campsite, but also no battery backup.
- Who knows, depending on electricity cost and reliability in future, going totally off grid might not be too far fetched, but this is of course very far in to the future.
In between all of this I want to make my house as smart as possible by connecting and automating as many things as possible.
Even though all of this is still some months in to the distance, I already started researching and gathering ideas. I want to do things right from the beginning, every purchase decision from a new network switch to a new irrigation sprinkler or wall socket must be done with the master plan, the end goal in mind.
P.S. @JacoDeJongh Weet nie of jy my sal onthou, jy het so paar maande terug my Multi in my karavaan se firmware vir my uit gesort in Rietvallei park Pretoria oos.