For all the outdoorsy manne - replacement batteries?

The low cut off voltage of those batteries is somewhere around 11v, I can’t remember exact voltages now, but it’s far from 8v, so must be your meter, maybe a bad probe?

It’s worth looking into. I trust the BMS more than I do that meter. It was a real cheapie.

Confucius says: Man with multimeter always knows the voltage. Man with two is never sure!

2 Likes

My last count was 13 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so I must be mad….

Sarel you’ve lost me.

Yeah me too. I assume he’s doing that thing where you count to 10 before doing anything, you know, as your mother taught you. He’s at 13, so he must be really mad. But I am unsure about what. Didn’t think it important enough to ask… but glad I’m not the only one who didn’t get it :slight_smile:

Plonkster said: Confucius says: Man with multimeter always knows the voltage. Man with two is never sure!

So I have 13 meters or maybe more, so I can now never know

Groetnis

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying lol.

1 Like

Oh wow… I completely misunderstood that! And now I am laughing at myself.

I have two meters. Well three. It is complicated. I have my old UNI-T which is a budget meter, but for R500 it’s not bad. Then I have a clamp meter which I bought specifically because it was the most affordable (read cheap, but not too crappy) meter that can read DC current… and of course it doubles as a multimeter as well, complete with temperature probe. And it has a non-contact option for checking if a conductor is life. Then I also have an earth leakage clamp meter that can also double as an AC clamp meter for reading normal AC current. So that makes three meters.

Then there is a scope as well… if it really comes down to it…

On the other end of the scale, I have an LED test light for automotive work. That thing beats a multimeter for finding a blown fuse in a car any day…

13 multimeters … Sarel, you made my day!

I though the 13 had something todo with Friday 13th. But it was not Friday …

If you include the 6LED multimeter I built with diodes and resistors I built in Standard 7 I own only 2 multimeters :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2, I had a third but its power button broke sometime during the first lock down and I must still try to fix it at some point.
I also want to get myself a clamp meter to measure current.

Have a look at the Uni-T AC/DC clamp meters. Uni-T clamp meters

I brought in a bunch of their smaller DC clamp meters a few years ago, as their pricing direct from China was a fifth of the local price and gave a few of them out to family. Nice compact digital meter. Quite happy with mine thus far.

1 Like

My made-up Confucius quote is based on a joke about clocks/watches. A man with one watch always knows the time. A man with two is never sure.

Also: Man who speeds in town reaches red traffic light first.

Maybe on day I will take a group picture and post that up :framed_picture::grimacing:

Please do. I am always interested in tools people actually use and what they find works best. Start a new thread and I am sure a lot of us will jump in as well.

I have had my eye on this one for several years. It about R2k odd but I still couldn’t justify the expense just for reading dc current.

If there are ones that is more “affordable” that can truly do dc current, I have yet to find them. Packaging, printing on the units themselves and advertising is very misleading.

Look at the Uni-T UT210E. Was around R800 a few years ago.
Excellent review of this little meter over at EEVBlogs Uni-T 210E review

Thanks, will do!

Takeallmymoney (Takelot) has a huge selection.

Groetnis