ESS Showing AC Loads (before inverter) when it should be 0W

This makes perfect sense, thank you. I assumed it was due to update intervals and calculations, but with the swings quite high at times I wasn’t sure.

Funnily enough I had to explain to colleague yesterday how 200 nodes that are polled at 1 minute intervals (PT1M) doesn’t mean all 200 will update in the same minute at times and will explain slight differences when looking at it over 1 minute, but looking over 3minutes+ intervals will show the correct data. Not exactly the same, but still.

Thinking about it further these discrepancies / swings will be less when running in self-consumption due to the fact that there’s less coming from the grid when using battery / PV, so a smaller difference between the grid meter and inverter’s output and will be OK then.

Just for interest’s sake I thought about a meter on the output to try and make it more accurate, but like @plonkster mentioned here “it is only logged to VRM, not displayed on any of the overviews.” and also in the Cerbo’s manual that is only used for monitoring and not for calculations:

Please not that such metered loads are not used in any calculations, just monitoring.

@plonkster, any chance you can have that typo fixed in the 2nd word?

Pfffft. If you can honestly tell me that you never had a new toy and didn’t use the magnifying glass (or scope in your case) then I will put it down :smiley: