DIY Serial battery driver for Victron GX

@picard What are you using between the bms and the Pi to communicated. Someone send me a link the other day with the new APP and in the folder is the PC software and docs. The one doc show the device they using for the connection between the BMS screen output and the PC. It’s a usb to TTL converter.
mybms_v1.3.25_20210926(2).zip mybms_v1.3.25_20210926(2).apk ANT BMS for PC.doc AntBMS20210525 PC computer.rar CH341SER.Z - ShareGadget.com Share Send files by air mail - Share your files - Upload your file here

https://energytalk.co.za/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f6bf703e21f6da2d1d421978cbf56c4a696b80b9.jpeg

Hi Gman, Im trying with a Victron USB<>VeDirect cable on the lcd port without succes

you need a TTL to USB converter @picard. I picked it up in between the documents that is in that link.

https://www.robotics.org.za/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2499&search=ch340

With the new ANT bms you can buy and PC link unit . You will see it on Alixpress.

I have edited and changed the utilis.py file as you explained and it works perfectly until I restart the cerbo, then the changes disappear and the original file returns with the values ​​for lifepo4
Maybe I am not editing it correctly, I do it in the cerbo entering the terminal as root and editing the following file: /data/etc/dbus-serialbattery/utilis.py
and I use the nano command

That is the correct way. The only way it will revert is is the changes was not saved correctly or if you reinstalled the driver (it will be replaced with the default values).
So if you edit it again, save and then re-open the file to check it should be fine.

thanks for the info Gman, I ordered one 0.37£ |Usb Naar Ttl Converter Uart Module CH340G CH340 3.3V 5V Schakelaar Enkele Chip Downloaden Lijn|Geintegreerde Schakelingen| - AliExpress

No problem. Glad I can help. I still need to do a test with mine to. I got 3 of the ANT BMs units. Here is the link of alixpress , you will see they mention in the option link USB adaptor for PC Smart 7S ~ 20S Mier Lifepo4 Li Ion Lipo Lto Batterij Bescherming Boord Bms 400A 300A 100A 80A Bluetooth app 10S 13S 14S 16S Balance|Battery Accessories| - AliExpress

Does these adapters work on any ANT BMS? I heard it might not work on some of the older models…

This why I want to test and check @Louisvdw. If it works, then it’s a win win. if not, then not end of the world :slight_smile:

Please keep us up to date. And good luck :smiley:

Ok. last night started one bank and try to connect to the bms with the new app. No luck. So I guess the new series of this bms is running a new chip set or something.

From the pictures of the circuit board I saw the older models did not have all the chips populated, so it could be that.

The possibility’s can be this yes.

Quick question @Louisvdw is there a way in the drivers to run 3 and more bms and that the software/script can pickup every unit on it’s own and give you every unit info via the VRM portal and combine SOC and inform the the charging part what to do?

Not yet. Still busy with that one https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery/issues/8

Thanks for all the help,
Have it working (2.80, 0.9)

learned: Victron VeDirect cable didn’t work but a FT232RL Ftdi Usb 3.3V 5.5V to Serial Adaptor Module does and you have to connect all the 4 wires (Vcc too)
On the AntBMS I used the LCD port from left to right: Vcc, Gnd, Tx, Rx

Still have that Too many levels of symbolic links error >

@40000000618f8d4d1611874c *** CCGX booted (0) ***
@40000000618f8d4e0164a6bc *** starting serial-starter ***
@40000000618f8d5100b1c1dc find: /service/dbus-serialbattery/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service/service: Too many levels of symbolic links
@40000000618f8d51075f4a7c serstart starting

Nice forum, got a lot of support with this, so happy now.

[edit] yes, have the BMS values in Homeassistant too via Modbus unit 1

1 Like

That is great news @picard . Glad you got it sorted. Can you maybe post some photos of the FT unit with your wiring and what settings you used and a photo of you BMS . Whant to see what version you got.

Here some photo’s >

Never had problems with the ANT BMS, it has a poor IPhone app but having the data now in Venus and Homeassistant that is less important. Battery is 450 Ah/24V 8S3P

Thanks for the photos. Looks like the old model ant bms. I got 3 of them that i bought last year and using them. How old is yours and where did you bought the FT232RL ? Will like to get them connected to my Cerbo GX or a Pi setup to see all the info. Just finished a big battery build over the weekend. 680ah. 100ah x 4 thats build in 16s2p per pack and n 150ah x2 that I build into 16s2p 280ah pack.

bought the ANT-BMS approx 660 days ago.

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-14 om 20.14.35

you can buy the FT232RL on Aliexpress
https://nl.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20211114111650&SearchText=FT232RL

Ok. So yours are older then mine. Then mine will maybe work. Will check if I can find a FT232RL local and do a test