Current Affairs

The context is:
France is facing potential blackouts.
France loans SA money for SA Green power to mitigate blackouts.

Now, what could possibly go wrong when the media in France gets hold of this when they do have blackouts? :wink:

The blackouts in France is not because of a lack of money. It’s because of a lack op power. They could sometimes be relates (like here in SA) but that is not always the case (like in France).

1 Like

The real circular economy?

Some overview of what the French are dealing with:

Regarding the nuclear reactors specifically, they found corrosion issues which are affecting all of them, so fixing the problem over a couple of years isn’t an option: it has to be done as fast as possible. And in summer they had to shutdown because of low water levels in rivers that supply cooling water. Downstream would have heated up too much due to the lower total volume of water in them, so plant output had to be reduced. Bit of a perfect storm with gas crunch added.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not wanting to ask the question …

First off let me be honest, I dont like to dance with trained Ballroom dancers, so I choose to just watch, but this… doesnt matter how we look at it, this is a step in the right direction. Maybe its a baby step but at least its in the right direction.

If you guys realize how many “Loans” to Eskom the World Bank refused in the last 1-2 years, them saying yes to this project means a lot. As someone mentioned above, they are not “Stupid”, they wont invest in a project if its too high risk for them… I think this is a project we can keep our eyes on, and it might lead to much much more.

2 Likes