Configuring MultiPlus-II 48/3000

Hi all,
so I have been spoiled for quite some time, and have installed a few Pylontech battery bank. Quote easy to setup as it has BMS that thinks for you and doesn’t allow you to stuff things up :slight_smile:

Now I have to configure a simple system with 4 x OmniPower OPR180-12 batteries connected in series.

I can not remember how to set the charge current. Recommended is 15A per battery, does that mean that I need to set the Charge current to 4 x 15 = 60A?

ESS1

Also, the OPR180 data sheet:
OmniPower-OPR180-Datasheet-1.pdf (891.8 KB)

Please help :frowning:

In series the amps stay the same. So 15A is the answer. You did say in series…

Your picture shows a 12V setup. If the inverter is 12V, then the batteries go in parallel. Then the amps should be 60… although I would feel uneasy with that. These Omni’s have a way of developing bad cells, and in parallel, once one of them develops a bad cell, the other batteries will get more of that 60A. In other words, you should not count on it dividing evenly into 15A each in a parallel setup…

The default VE.Configure settings are otherwise fine. Turn on “stop after excessive bulk”, so that it stops charging if the battery can’t reach absorption (which generally means something is wrong with it).

Yep, the batteries are in series in order to achieve the 48V.
Great, I configured it to 15A then.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile: