Cleaning solar panels

I do love it when you guys call him “the honourable”. It has a nice ring to it… :slight_smile:

I suppose we all have our quirks. I have this thing where I will frequently check something I’m typing as I am typing it (using our favourite search engine). This habit has earned me the moniker “the google engineer” in some corners. Which is fine… at least I check my facts :wink:

My panels look like dust spiders spun webs all over them 1 week after cleaning… I am not exactly spiderman and my neighbours are going to think I have gone OCD mad if I jump up and down my roof on a weekly basis. So isn’t there a more sustainable solution?

Has anyone tried these so called nano ceramic coatings? The information and company details behind these products look a bit sketchy so I am not sure if it is just a money making gimmick? Kind of makes me think the salesmen behind these proliferate car detailing products which are being hawked at filling stations have simply relabeled some of their product lines as PV coatings. Nevertheless, hoping there is a real McCoy out there someone can recommend

Depending on how high the roof is… simply stand on the ground with a garden house and wash it down. That is all you need in most cases.

1 Like