City of Tshwane solar users

@Gregor See above…

The knock and drop paper Record as of 2 Aug 22:

He said the City of Cape Town offered 85c per kW while Tshwane offered 10c per kW but still the “Tshwane residents are not able to get their systems registered”.

The Tshwane metro had yet to respond to enquiries on their plan to ramp up independent power production.

As fas as I am aware, there is no list, nor approved regulation as yet. Only a old draft of regulations.

Groetnis

What are you wanting to apply for?

For what it’s worth, SSEG for Tshwane:
Tshwane SSEG Bylaws

SSEG Tshwane Application

Groetnis

Hi… how did you manage to get your Power-link PLE12D to push back ? Mine rolls forward when trying to sell.

Hi Jaco, we sit with the same problem in George. Please could you forward me your contact details so that we can chat. Many thanks

Hi Jaco, please share contact details as I am also struggling with a Conlog meter

Hi

I need support on a Conlog meter tripping on backfeed, will anyone be able to support me on this? Please contact me.

Regards

Hi Nico,

In my profile you will find my number. Please give me a call when its convenient.

Previously we as installers could fit the code to disable reverse current detection directly from Conlog. Things has changed a bit last year, currently they require a letter from the Muni to approve the issue of such code. In short once you have the letter allowing Conlog to issue the code, you can send it to me and I can assist. In the meantime there is a few things you can do to help a bit, but lets rather discuss that in private.

Give me a call when you are ready.

1 Like

Don’t back feed unless you have an arrangement with Eskom/The City to do so. The meters are setup to make it difficult to turn things back.

I say this. I am licensed to back feed (my system is registered with the City of Johannesburg) but I don’t. The tariffs don’t make it worth my while. So I just set my system to not feed back. If I were feeding back and trying to maximise the credit I can get, I’d have to work the inverter a lot harder, and I don’t want to do that.

Whatever you decide to do, do due diligence first. The tariffs will be in the public domain. Do they make it worth your while? Will you need a new meter? If so, then who pays for that? (the answer in COJ and COCT is that you do). And wait until the new tariffs are published. Do the sums, see if there’s an actualy benefit for you.

For me there isn’t. Despite the settings on my inverter, it does send a very small amount back to the grid each day, but it is a couple of rand a month and far cheaper than switching to a tariff where I can feed back (and will lose on the deal).

I dont think he is backfeeding. Most if not all hybrid systems dump a little power into the grid for example when a big load switches off. The Conlog and Ecolec meters dont like that at all even if it happens for a second. Its really a nuisance trip.

They seem to have relaxed again. Lately been getting my Load Line Reversal Tokens via Support on Conlog portal again without any problems (said whilst hugging a piece of wood)…

That’s also true. I used to have an Itron meter which didn’t like those little fed back amounts. The CIU would trip.

But then that meter failed, and the replacement is from African Meter Services. I now have no such problem (but it makes an annoying low-level hum all the time. Grrrr…)

Yes, my inverter is setup to not backfeed into the grid, but when a load, such as a geyser switch of, the inverter does not react fast enough to limit the excess supply. Only thing that have helped is to set import to a fixed value e.g. 200w but still it will trip the Conlog sometimes.