CHINT 51.2V 106A Battery

Now get the blerrie Delta worked in there too, as a key to warn the user there is drama a’coming, and show the warning. :slight_smile:

Then disconnect the charger on the MP, no “leakage”, when a cell has exceeded a set voltage (3.55v), and drain the batt a bit.

It’s not the Charger that is the problem.

In an ESS system the battery is in parallel with the grid. That’s the best way to think of it. Yes, there is a transformer in the middle, and an control loop that adjusts the PWM ratio to make it all work out, but if the grid voltage goes up, the battery goes with it (while the control loop pulls back) and likewise when the voltage goes down.

This means little bits of energy is always slipping in and out of the battery if you have an unstable grid voltage. And the process is not symmetric, and if you told the Multi to NOT feed in excess DC, then the asymmetry is even enforced.

The only way to stop this is to completely disable the bridge. Which means you also cannot discharge the battery or use your PV.

So as always… not quite that simple.

So in my terms, disabling the charge on the inverter won’t work?

Remember the Multi is bidirectional in this case. The “Charger” is also the same component that puts energy into the grid. Disabling the “charger” will “work”, but at the expense of also disabling the “inverter”.

Got you … my experience dictates, when that “leakage” continues, the BMS will settle the matter soon enough, and drop the bank off.

In my case, when the charger was disabled (took me a while to figure that out), the loads still ran off the PV. Just could not get ESS to increase the Min SOC, as the system refused to charge the batt, the weather thing forcing me to recharge the batt.

Hi Jaco,

So purchased the Victron Inverter.

Product Total
Cerbo GX × 1 R5 189.00
Lynx Distributor × 1 R3 399.00
MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 230V × 1 R26 049.00
Subtotal: R34 637.00
Shipping: Free shipping (2-5 working days)
Payment method: Pay later via EFT
Total: R34 637.00

A post was split to a new topic: iBorn Energy