Charge Parameter for PylonTech on GX

The 52.4V update came with Venus Firmware v2.60, It should work automatically, I didn’t have to change any parameters.

Thanks! And to update the firmware, do I need to do anything special or just “press to update” on my remote console? Everything should still work perfectly afterwards?

Jip :+1:t3:

It also keeps a backup of the previous firmware, so you can switch back if you need to in seconds.

Ah! I just did it, and then I couldn’t reconnect to my GX for about 15 minutes… Started stressing a little, because updating firmware is never a comfortable thing for me. @JacoDeJongh helped me! Seems all it needed was a hard reset by plugging it out and back in again.

Cool! Let’s see how this new firmware behaves.

1 Like

Is your Venus connected via LAN or Wifi?

LAN. I’m not a big wifi guy. Only use it for my mobile devices. Comes from my gaming days. Those extra few milliseconds of latency, not worth it! Rather draw a cable through the living room and make the wife unhappy.

So far, it seems with the new firmware, 100% SoC is reached a bit quicker. Still anecdotally. I wish I could see the cells inside the batteries… Plonkster keeps on promising… at least he keeps on saying Pylontech is on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup. If they send the CAN-bus frame with the data, the GX will display it. I think the firmware is in beta somewhere…

1 Like

@plonkster, just to confirm that is still only the min/max cell volts, not all the cells?

Correct. The protocol does not have the ability to include info on all the individual cells. Mostly because that number is unbounded, there are batteries out there that take up an entire room or shipping container. Knowing the lowest and highest cell is already a great diagnostic tool for finding a persistent low cell (aka warranty claim).

1 Like