What's the word on pool floaters?

The only thing worse than maintaining your pool is not maintaining your pool.

1 Like

Yeah, this afternoon we opened the pool, and I said to my wife: Does it look a little green to you?

I used the little testing paper strip and the chlorine levels are very low. The chlorinator still shows current flow in the green, which suggests there is enough salt in the pool, but in my experience a low chlorine count usually means the pool needs salt.

So I tossed in some shock treatment I had, and tomorrow I’ll have the water tested (I took a sample before treating the pool) and do the rest.

Our pool is a 15 000 liter above ground pool and I struggle after heavy rain to get it clean, in fact I normally just drained it and filled it up, because nothing I did got it clean again.

A colleague then told me about Activator D. The volume is enough for a 50 000 liter pool so I can use it 3 times. They do say that your pool’s pH must be right before adding. Some photos below:

The amount I used.

It was added 11:25 in the morning (15 Jan 2024) to a green pool. At 14:45 I remembered I wanted to take a before photo, but it was too late. Below a photo at 14:45.

It takes a few days to become 100% clear and you must filter a lot, but even after some heavy rain in our area it is still clear today.

This is magic stuff.

Edit:

I use it with a HTH floater.