Victron Multiplus 11 Catching fire

Agreed , the Manual that I looked at shows Ac on the left hand side and Ac1, Ac2 on the right with neutral in the middle.

Might be for the older Multigrid

Could very well be , Google is not always correct :slight_smile:

Amazing!
If an earth leakage can be installed without nuisance trips then that would be a good start.
I wonder if the inverter can be recovered after all the soot is cleaned up but check the clientā€™s insurance policy first!

Credit to the team at Solarvest who came up with the idea in the first place.

2 Likes

Did he just cable-tie the mesh to the vents?

Good ideaā€¦ Iā€™ve had problems with lizards in my Genesis AC gate motor as well ā€“ basically shorted out the whole thing until I opened i up and found the remains under the PCB. Luckily no fire.

Those SolarVest guys do really neat installs. Met the owner at SolarAfrica some years ago.

On my system I have a 300mA RCBO. Overcurrent protection for the cable as well as a machine-level earth leakage protection (300mA, so you cannot hang plugs from this). I can recommend that, although the RCBO is of course a somewhat costly addition. Then on the output of the inverter you put the mandated 30mA RCD.

1 Like

Ha! Yes, but we think that the student has overtaken the master. Iā€™ll have to share some of ours with you guys :slight_smile:

I have built automation systems for composting food waste. These are bins that food waste is added to and this is then agitated by an auger mounted on a gantry.
These systems are installed in the waste disposal areas of shopping malls etc.
To protect the control equipment it is mounted in an IP65 enclosure. However the door isnā€™t kept closed so the cockroaches are plentiful. A VSD failed recently but I couldnā€™t determine if this was the causeā€¦

Yes.

Saw this on Victron Facebook page today

Sungazers, fitting.
Someone should make an ad.