Replace 8kw SS with Blue

The control loop is also much saner with a single unit, especially if you have to limit export.

1 Like

Guys I have sites with 9 units over three phases running perfect for years, as a matter of fact, i have done stuff with blue that I don’t even think Victron knows is possible. Do not underestimate Blue. I had to learn to trust Victron and my own capability. I stressed for months, waiting for failures and grew accustomed to relax and trust.

This did not come easy, but I can not get myself to do the same with any other brand.

The guys who knows me from day one when I asked about other brands on another forum will know, I believed that I am clued up enough to make those brands run in parallel flawlessly, but had to publicly admit that I was wrong. I tossed those brands “in the dustbin” and went blue.

DO not be fooled, you need to do it correctly, but if there’s one brand you can rely on in basically every configuration, its Victron.

There is very few brands i did not work with, there is non with so little issues as Blue.

From Victron Energy B.V. - The Alliance for Rural Electrification

“Victron Energy is a Dutch company specialized in the design and manufacture of products for battery-based energy systems. Since 1975, Victron Energy has grown from a one-office technology startup to become an international enterprise with nearly 1,000 different products sold worldwide.”

Really let’s be honest, how can the fact that you offer a cheaper inverter, beat this track record?
And they still bring out new models to meet the market demand…

NOTE: Sorry for bringing this here, but I was in “Argument” most of today with guys that prefer other brands trolling Victron installers posts on social media, I am exhausted… Just sit still for a moment and think about stuff like this, and even if you don’t want to be honest publicly, at least have the curtoucy of being honest towards yourself.

Note 2: I clearly remember, the guy who did not budge or even attempted to listen to me rambling along about the other brands were @TheTerribleTriplet . He kept on telling me “Stop, your making an mistake” . He was right…

6 Likes

Today, it is ALL about PRICE … with a touch of desperation on top.

Way way back I started with non-Victron because of PRICE. Cotek/Meanwell, Stecca/Morningstar PWM etc. Trojan batteries. Brand names. Dang, MPPTs were not even around yet, panels were R36 per watt. Victron was around, right here in SA … since “forever”. As was the rest I bought …

BUT!!! Every single part I had that failed, by my hand and/or manufacturing defect, or that did not perform as advertised, taught me something.

Don’t buy for the good times, buy for when you really need help - even a decade later:
1) Installers: Who has a passion, dedicated to sorting stuff, 1/4 sorted.
2) Distributors: Backs their installers to the n’th degree, another 1/4 is sorted.
3) Manufacturing: Gets involved boots-an-all when both the installer and/or distributor have some troubles because the manufacturer will interact directly with clients(!), another 1/4 is sorted.
4) Warranties/Repairs: When the warranty goes with the item, not the first invoice, local approved repairs centers for out-of-warranty repairs, and you have a complete solution.

Because we are talking YEARS that our systems can operate, we need the WHOLE chain to back our purchases.

Because installers can move on. Distributors can change what they supply, manufacturers can “walk away”. Since 1975 Victron has made sure they are right there to back their clients, us, by putting in the right chain to help. Victron will get involved directly if they need to. That is why we pay a little bit more for our passion, sorry, solar system.

Yes, to “get in” with Victron is pricey … but is it really?

That one time you REALLY need help, THAT is when it counts, makes sense why it is more pricey than the rest.

Or you bought smaller, got it wrong, yet because of the warranties following the item, so what!? … just sell it on!. :rofl: (… experience talking much TTT!?)
Makes the LEGO part of Victron make so much more sense.

And what most people don’t “get” until they are “in” … once you are “in”, it gets so much cheaper to “stay in”. It is just that first initial cost.

Going on for more than a decade now, I still cannot find one crack in the entire support chain that Victron has not sorted, or dealt with themselves.

And THAT is what you buy into when you buy Victron - the entire support chain to back your investment over the decades.

1 Like

I can attest to that…I have two separate Victron systems (with panels), one 24V and other 48V and they are interconnected via 220V and does it just work :slightly_smiling_face: