I have found the service from Pylontech to be very good. I haven’t asked for BatteryView yet, but when I sent a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for the latest firmwares they sent it to me within a day on both occasions.
The DB-9 plug side for the B-series is the same as the C-series, but they changed the other end from RJ11 to RJ45.
You will most likely need an RS232 to USB converter unless you’re able to dig up an old laptop that still has a serial port. I recently bought this one, and it works fine (after I spent some time hunting for the Windows 10 driver):
Note: I have made up a cable for the C series, but I have not actually used it yet. Still waiting for my batteries
Things with the batteries and so many other spares are currently getting out of hand. Apparently everything is stuck on the docks, “they” dont want to release the stock as “someone” is afraid that it might get looted. If only I can find out who “They” And “Someone is”
We tried to buy some stock including batteries from other suppliers, but they sit with the same issues. I am running out of options for replacement stock for my next few installations. If things dont change soon I am going to be in trouble.
I have tried this cable on a UC3000C and it did not work, @CenturionSolar might be able to assist here.
Johan can you maybe share the Pinout for the rs232 to Rj45 needed to communicate with the newer Pylons.
Anyone here with a Active/Ghost account on the other side, can you please ask Youda to come visit us. I am banned from that side and cant contact him myself. I was banned for sending PM’s to guys, asking them to come visit us, my PM’s got checked… so please be warned, you might face the same consequences…
That pinout is correct yes, however, the C battery also has a 12V wakeup pin for when the port goes into sleep mode, so the cable you made above might fail at times, but that can be fixed with a plug out, plug in.
Tested. The Us3000c cable does work on the UP5000 as well.
Received all the latest firmware 2 weeks back. Cell voltages were not available after updating the US3000A’s. Mailed Pylontech again and received a new version of the US3000A firmware today. Now it seems to be working.
For those who want to try updating the firmware, do not try to update any op the A or B models with C firmware, Pylontech Warned Me that I will brick the unit of I try.
Internally there is actually fairly good protection. The battery consists of multiple modules. The firmware is first transferred into a higher module (probably the communication module), and once the entire thing is there and the checksum has been verified, only then does the comms module program the actual BMS firmware. Therefore any communication issue whereby the firmware doesn’t make it into the battery completely will result in a failed update and the battery will not be harmed.
At least, I assume this is true for the serial update as well. There are some details in their latest documentation on doing firmware updates over the CAN-bus. And that includes specific instructions to upload the firmware, check the checksum, and then transfer to the lower modules.