My red pill meter thread

Pics of my small collection. My meters that I still use occasionally and that are generally scattered all over.

A few clamp meters.

Couple of Meggers

Close up of the wooden box hand crank Megger

Older complete AVO meter

Man what a nice metering……

Groetnis

Just added this, bluetooth meter and it directly measures AC Watts…

integrated is a NCV probe.
Groetnis

I wonder what some of those ladies that buy cupboards full of shoes will say to this thread :smiley:

Dunno but each one has a place…. Or one = none and 2 = 1

Groetnis

Two additions, the Brymen pocket meter is for my small green bag. The blue meter is general use around the house etc.

Groetnis

Sorry to crash your thread @Sarel.Wagner, but I wish to find out if anyone has experience with the Mustool C21 clamp-meter. My Majortech is donkey’s years old and does not do DC amps. The meter below seems like good bang for buck, but you know the old saying…It has mixed reviews on youtube.

DC current measurement is a “must have” with solar.
I anticipate a requirement for measuring motor starting current inrush.
This meter seems good value:

Thanks @Phil.g00, so I phoned my local electrical supplier about the Mustool c21, and he recommended that I rather check out a certain pawn broker. I went to look at their stock and walked away with quite a new Major Tech for an absolute bargain.
This is what I got…Rather chuffed…

At least now I know where I can borrow :wink:

If you have an AC clamp meter and you are only looking for a DC meter for occasional use (ie this it not your day job), look at the Major Tech MTD75T. Very inexpensive and definitely not a robust “drop it from the ladder” type meter, but works perfectly fine for the hobbyist.