Home Assistant & Inverter Integration video's

Looking at NodeRed I do see this on output.
The login is saying success.

G

wondering if I have region wrong… I selected 2, but looking at this, might it be #1 ?

G

1 Like

anyone able to assist with the above ?

G

going to close this ask for help, not as if I’m getting replies. simply going to wait for the RS485 dongle and then figure out how to configure the with a esp32 and wire that into the sunsync as per Scoob’s video, and then build his dashboard onto that.

G

does anyone have contact details for Sc00bs.

if you do ask him to check his inbox.

G

So I do not want to steal scoobs’s limelight, I do sell ready made (and tested dongles) with my own custom firmware (as I found the opensource firmware buggy). I also include a ready made dashboard that makes the process plug and play. Problem is that all the local shops have sold out on the required parts and now I am importing the parts on my own from China.
So I do not have any to sell, but hopefully those growing pains will be solved in the next couple of months

Have a look, maybe this is what you need

If you are starting with a new Home Assistant installation you can simply restore the backup

1 Like

thanks thanks, looks great
my friend has a Sunsynk, but another friend here has a Deye…
One of them might like this.
I already have the ESP32 and the RS485 connector.
But this might be easier and more hands off for me… mean I have to do less management of their systems.
G

I should probably have mentioned, it works the same on Deye/Sunsynk/Sol-ark inverters. The all share the same internal design so the dongle works for all of them. The Deye factory makes all the rebrands.

Some people like to build their own and that is cool too. Learning is important.

Some people want a ready made and tested starting point so they can customise to their need.

1 Like

DM me the information.

for the one friend we will probably do it ourself, for the other i’d rather want a packaged solution.

G

As soon as I have units in stock I will post here (and on a couple of other places) Looking at courier timelines it might be towards end of Sept 2023.

I think I am going to have to redo the ESP32 one, is a bit confusing I am afraid and is probably the trickiest to get working
Main issues people seem to have is with loading the code onto the ESP32 and making sure they have the correct pins selected as per the code.
They then also seem to get the cables swopped over going to the RS485 port on the inverter